MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Post by cjj »

Congrats! That one is a beauty!
8) 8) 8)

Oh, and welcome to the RRF!
:D
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Welcome, Robert! Great first post here. :D And, nice bass, congrats to both you and Paul. 8)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Sigh........ It looks like everyone had a really great time. Sure wish I could have made this one and caught up with those I know and meet those I didn't. Meeting Amy and Joe would have been the icing on the cake!

I will say I was there in spirit, being only 65 miles across the water. I thought of you all as it was occuring, and had a single malt in your honor.

Thanks for all the great pictures - almost like I was there but caused remorse also.
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

byu wrote:I don't have the info with me at the moment but I believe the official designation is 360/12SPC for special. Maybe 360/12SPC RCA.
Thanks Bill and Paul. I tossed out the 380 as I did not know the RCA designation. That has toasters as opposed to the humbuckers on a 380L, yes? :) How does she sound and play?
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
360girl

Post by 360girl »

manta wrote:
byu wrote:I don't have the info with me at the moment but I believe the official designation is 360/12SPC for special. Maybe 360/12SPC RCA.
Thanks Bill and Paul. I tossed out the 380 as I did not know the RCA designation. That has toasters as opposed to the humbuckers on a 380L, yes? :) How does she sound and play?
It has mini-hums. When I first saw it, because of the pickups, and its maple fingerboard, I assumed it was a 12-string version of the 380. I had the good fortune to play it. It's a bit darker sounding than any of my 360s with their Hi-Gains were, and it's definitely much darker than a toaster loaded 360/12. Still, I thought it was a great sounding, and great playing guitar. Can I have it? :mrgreen:
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Amy,you guys might want to check out Eugene,OR,2nd largest city in the state after Portland.very active music scene there,and just a cool college town.(just spent a long weekend there over the July 4th holiday,and really enjoyed it). Brookings is great in its own way,but it is kind of a sleepy little retirement town in essence.
And to Robert,Welcome to the RRF! I don't know which other 2 basses you were mulling over,but i think ya made a great decision,that turkwoise v63 is stunning! If i had any spare cash,i would be going for that turquois 4004 of Paul's myself!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

woodyng wrote:Brookings is great in its own way, but it is kind of a sleepy little retirement town in essence.
Maybe, that's what they are looking for. :wink:
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Oh,i don't mean to discourage Amy at all,Oregon has a lot to offer,depending on what you're looking for! If you 2 get out this way,shoot me an email or p.m.,maybe we can meet up!
Edit..i know where the good sushi is...if yer into that....
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Oregono sushi? :shock:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Oregano Sushi?? Doesn't sound good. Sounds Italian though. :lol: :lol:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

johnallg wrote:Oregano Sushi?? Doesn't sound good. Sounds Italian though. :lol: :lol:
Just for Joey: Sushi pizza!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:
johnallg wrote:Oregano Sushi?? Doesn't sound good. Sounds Italian though. :lol: :lol:
Just for Joey: Sushi pizza!
:shock: Image
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Amy and Joe are vegetarians, so . . . .

But getting back to the Milwaukee event, I want to thank all who attended. I just wish I could have thanked more! Just as the events in 2011 and 2006, we had about 15 visitors and about 50 instruments – big enough to be interesting, small enough to get to know everyone. I was able to attract one buyer for the Clear Cut Sale. I sold about ten books and signed a few more than that. We enjoyed the company of Tonya Limberg, the graphic designer who put together the book cover and the timeline/family tree graphic. It was great seeing Chicago stalwarts Bill Henshell, Jeff Thomas, and long-time lurker Paul Michaels. Wish Ted Staberow could have made it up, though. Amy and Joe took the prize for longest travel, coming up from central Missouri. Welcome to newcomers Ellen Rugowski, Glenn Wall, and Bob Hathaway. And to a few others who got word of the event through Clatter's fan base. Hope you all enjoyed the show!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
clatter

Post by clatter »

I can't believe that there were still people I either didn't meet, or didn't get a chance to talk to as much as I would have liked! Heck, I didn't even get to hear the stories behind all the instruments that were there! Time just flew by. Maybe we can stay another day next time – and see more of Milwaukee, which was such a cool city!

Last quick note re: Oregon so as not to derail the thread: Sleepy towns with bigger, busy cities not far off sound ideal to us! We're thinking we might make a trip out in mid-August. I will let you know! Would love to grab a coffee or meal or something! Sort of like a confluence extension! :D
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

bassduke49 wrote:Glenn Wall
Glenn's been on the forum for 7 or 8 years. :lol:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”