SCARF 2014

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

8mileshigher

SCARF 2014 Saturday, Sept 13th

Post by 8mileshigher »

Keep those RSVPs coming in, folks ! :D :D :D We have heard affirmatively from several more folks who were on the Maybees list before .....

- - - Southern Calif Annual Ric Fest - - -

scheduled for Saturday, Sept 13th
at

BOMBSHELTER STUDIOS at 7580 Garden Grove Blvd

* First time attendees are reminded to bring fresh baked Tollhouse cookies ! :wink:

The song list "sign up sheet" is on this link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Confirmed SCARF Attendees
Brendan D from Ric customer service, (who is bringing his custom 8) 4002 special)
Dave T (Datru) and guest guitarist
Steve T
Bob S (Original 360)
Scott J and Spence, too
Gary C
Dan-o-tron
Fito (drums)
Jorge V
Snowman --- gig conflict
Mark B
Joey Rickenbrother
Paulie
Jonathan
Alfonso A
Joe DeM
Frank S
Nikki (singer - Big Frank’s daughter)
Ecuababe Victoria (singer)
Hod M
John F (keyboards)
Rich F
Jerry J (Shamus Twin)
Mark F (Ricmic)
Jim B (4005player)
Vito
Tony S (singer from Small World Band)
Steve F
Colin N and guest guitarist
Alberto C (drums) will stop by
Bobbo and Tracy have confirmed
Paul S (drums)
Nick H
Jim Hitch - - - - hoping to make it
Robert S --- from Facebook

Maybees or Still Checking the Schedule
Collin W
John N (drums) .....is not sure about his work schedule on that Saturday.....
Alison --- is not sure about her work schedule that day too
Jeff L (drums)
Brad H (it's iffy for Brad, his wife may be having a baby that weekend !!!)

Waiting to hear from ….
Dom from San Diego
Louis C
Albert Von S
Brian Fitz
Mark H (drums)

= = = = = = = = = = = =

As usual, the cost of the location will be shared amongst the Jammers -- no charge for the spouses, significant others, non-jamming visitors ,,,,,, approx cost may be in the $8 to $12 per jammer range

REMINDER -- Bring sufficient Guitar and Bass Stands for all your instruments ! !
datru

Re: SCARF 2014

Post by datru »

My friend can't make it, so it will be only me. See you there!

DT
8mileshigher

SCARF 2014

Post by 8mileshigher »

For any out-of-towners attending SCARF, the weather projection for Saturday, for Los Angeles and O.C. metro areas is 93 degrees !! But we'll be in our nice air conditioned studio at Bombshelter
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

I wish you guys a lot of fun !This Saturday will be celebration of the wedding of my niece, but honestly, I'd rather be over there. Maybe some time I can make it happen ! Will anybody come to Octoberfest this year (starting Sept 20th) ?
Best wishes from rainy Munich, Alex
redamber

Post by redamber »

xpitt wrote:I wish you guys a lot of fun! Maybe some time I can make it happen ! Will anybody come to Octoberfest this year (starting Sept 20th) ?
Best wishes from rainy Munich, Alex
Agree totally with Alex. Have a great get-together at SCARF 2014 this week-end - I'm looking forward to seeing photos of interesting Rics and some of the enthusiasts behind the RRF Usernames. Now, if I could just get to Oktoberfest in Munich, I could make up for my disappointment with a few steins of German lager!
Santa visits only once a year, but Santa Ana delivers Rics all year round.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Thanks guys! :)
Alex, not this year. Just started a new job a few months ago, after being out of work for 11 months.

On the fun side, I'm 99.9% certain we will have a Janglebell Rock® on December 27, as we will have an out of town Rick playing friend Mark P.) who requested a jam. 8)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

redamber wrote: Now, if I could just get to Oktoberfest in Munich, I could make up for my disappointment with a few steins of German lager!
There is a big tent where they are not only drinking beer, they freeze the big stone made liter mugs and drink the Magnum "Methusalem" bottles Champagne out of them - like beer- crazy bavarians :shock:
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

You fellers have fun tomorrow! I'm very disappointed that I will not be able to attend this year, but when I told my mom the date (tomorrow), she said, "That wouldn't have worked out anyway. You have school." There's no arguing with that.

I left all of you a "present" on the sign-up sheet. Some of you may have seen it already.
suedehead71

Post by suedehead71 »

as you may have heard (those who i am FB pals with) i lost my job LAST Friday. to date the effers have STILL not paid me. it's utterly deplorable. anyway, i simply don't have the gas funds or contribution funds for the room, and i need to conserve every dime possible, so apologies as i yet again miss out. i was hoping my pay would show up today. if by some miracle it arrives tomorrow, i will show up! my guest was dependent on me for a ride, but will go if his schedule permits (single car family and fiancee is using it that day).
i will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered.
bsder

Post by bsder »

I don't yet know if I've got the time tomorrow (I have a commitment in San Diego and that would need to finish early enough), but I was thinking about showing up.

However, how does a guitar newb with a 360/6 fit in with all these experienced players without being totally useless?
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

bsder wrote:However, how does a guitar newb with a 360/6 fit in with all these experienced players without being totally useless?
We all do song demolition to some degree. I have enough basslines to have to remember for the thre bands I play in. Trying to remember basslines for songs I play two or three times a year is another story.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

suedehead71 wrote:as you may have heard (those who i am FB pals with) i lost my job LAST Friday. to date the effers have STILL not paid me. it's utterly deplorable. anyway, i simply don't have the gas funds or contribution funds for the room, and i need to conserve every dime possible, so apologies as i yet again miss out. i was hoping my pay would show up today. if by some miracle it arrives tomorrow, i will show up! my guest was dependent on me for a ride, but will go if his schedule permits (single car family and fiancee is using it that day).
Just show up if you can. I was out of work for 11 months, I know how rough it can be. Don't worry about contributing. We'll be glad you showed up.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Just a reminder on the scheduled time:
rickenbrother wrote:Good news!! We are on for Saturday Set 13 from 1 to 6 PM at:
Bomb Shelter Rehearsal and Recording Studios
7580 Garden Grove Blvd, Westminster, CA 92683 (714) 609-3501....
Show up when you can, leave when you need to, etc. ... 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

So, how'd it go? :?:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

JakeK wrote:So, how'd it go? :?:
Despite several last minute drop-outs and no-shows, we had a great time as usual. 8)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”