2015: Another Bay Area BARC, (Again) ...

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Bay Area Rickenbacker Confluence (BARC) 8) 8)

Woody, and all potential BARC attendees

Guitar Showcase is offering us Sunday (either July 19th or July 26th).
3090 South Bascom Avenue, San Jose
http://www.guitarshowcase.com/

Please urgently respond with your Sunday preference as Doug needs to confirm back to Guitar Showcase. From several PMs received, there seems to be a preference for Sunday the 19th, and several folks voted that either is workable for them. We are still awaiting to hear from several others ....

Voted in favor of Sunday July 19th or that either Sunday is workable

Paul W
Kira
Gareth
Doug
Rich
Woody
Gary F

Unable to attend if July 26th

Paul W

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Can interested BARCers please urgently advise by facebook or here on this thread. Many thanks. :)

=======
analogpackrat

Re: 2015: Another Bay Area BARC, (Again) ...

Post by analogpackrat »

What about other past attendees who haven't spoken up? I'm not sure if all of these folks are still hanging around here. Hope we can find a way to get in touch!

Mike (skelt101)
Gary (doctorwho)
Dan-o (Danotron)
Joey (rickenbrother)
Collin (collin)
Jon (jfine)

Also, I have a drummer friend lined up to join us. I'm busy burning him a CD of tunes we might play so he can prepare (ha!).
If it is to be, it is up to me.
8mileshigher

2015: Another Bay Area BARC, (Again) Sunday ...July 19th

Post by 8mileshigher »

Bay Area Rickenbacker Confluence (BARC) 8)
Awaiting Doug's confirmation, but I think the consensus date is Sunday, afternoon, July 19th
1PM till 6 PM
GUITAR SHOWCASE
3090 South Bascom Avenue
San Jose, Calif 95124
Tel: 408 377 5864

http://www.guitarshowcase.com/

BARC attendees include

Paulie A Coming up from So Calif
Paul W
Kira
Gary F
Gareth

Doug F he is coordinating the event site
Steve F. (Buddydog) coming up from Fresno
Woody coming from Oregon
Richard (whthor) coming from Texas
Rich Coming up from So Calif
Harry B Hieronymous, who can now make it a little later in the afternoon
A Drummer friend of Doug's

Maybees
John A (of the Bobbleheads --- he is checking his schedule about potential out-of-town conflicts)

The invite is out there for all of you Rick enthusiasts, to make a weekend out of it and visit the San Fran area and join the fun at our BARC event !!

REMINDER to all BARC attendees: Please Bring Sufficient Guitar Stands for ALL your instruments !!

Now that we some idea whose coming and where the Confluence/Jam will take place at .... can folks suggest some tunes they might want to try out at the Ricken-Jam, so that other attendees can see what songs they might know in common, or need to brush up their licks or vocals on ? :)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Bay Area Rickenbacker Confluence (BARC)

Also a few guitarists should bring amps. Please !

I think Gareth has the low end amplification needs covered with his "Rig of Doom"
Rig of Doom (Trace Elliot) with Gareth and Gary C at BARC Jam 2012
Rig of Doom (Trace Elliot) with Gareth and Gary C at BARC Jam 2012
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

We are go for 7/19/15 at Guitar Showcase. Details to follow...
modrock

Post by modrock »

I'll bring my '63 Fender Vibroverb RI, nice little amp with 35 tube watts and 2 ten inch Oxfords....

Gary F. :D
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Gary--that's a nice amp, thanks for volunteering it for duty again. I'll be bringing my SFDR and pedalboard for folks to use. If Gareth is packing the Giant Bass Rig of Doom again, I can bring a second amp or a couple more guitars.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Allright!! We's got a consensus! :D Yay!!!

And in deference to Gareth's spine/possible hernias, :P,(remind me,is this the place that was on the ground floor?), I could bring my 29 pound Markbass 1-12 combo amp,or conversely,i am sure that even 1/4 of his R.O.D. would be more than sufficient.......(oh myyyyy).
(Like maybe 1 amp and a 1-15 cab? ).....
Is the venue going to provide any PA,or other equipment? (Drums,etc...)

Looking forward to this!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Bay Area Rickenbacker Confluence (BARC) --- Sunday, July 19th

8mileshigher wrote: .... can folks suggest some tunes they might want to try out at the Ricken-Jam, so that other attendees can see what songs they might know in common, or need to brush up their licks or vocals on ? :)
Any BARCers have some song ideas, suggestions .... or tunes list from prior BARC events ?

I don't know any Yes tunes, (other than fooling around with the Wurm jam from the final passage of Starship Trooper) but was thinking that it if some BARCers did have some ideas in this regard, that it might be appropriate for a little BARC tribute to one who so many of us admire....
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
modrock

Post by modrock »

If it involves climbing a flight of stairs, I may need a hand with the amp/and or guitars. I had back surgery for spinal stenosis last year and I'm doing so much better, but lugging that amp and two guitars any distance may be a problem. The Vibroverb isn't as heavy as an AC-30, but it's just a little bulky. I'm sure I can count on you guys to lend me a hand .. ( last time Paulie helped me, I was afraid it was going home with him, :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Gary F.
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

OK, here are the venue details. Rich has provided some, but I'll try to fill in the rest. We are using a room in the Guitar Showcase store in San Jose. The store is located at 3090 S. Bascom Ave. just north of Camden Ave.

http://guitarshowcase.com/

Guitar Showcase is an authorized RIC dealer and also carries most of the other big brands. They have a cool collection of vintage guitars behind glass and some are for sale (bring large quantities). Upstairs in the store is a really nice acoustic guitar area. Check it out!

If you are coming down from SF
on 280S you will want to take 85S in Cupertino. From there it is 7-8 miles to the Los Gatos Blvd/S. Bascom Ave exit which is immediately following the CA17 interchange. At the end of the ramp, turn left onto S. Bascom and make your way into the right lane. About one mile later you will cross Camden Ave. Guitar showcase is just past the fast food place (third business starting at the corner) on the right.

If you are coming from the east bay
get on 880S which becomes CA17 after the 280 interchange in San Jose. Stay on CA17 for about four miles beyond the 280 interchange. Exit at Camden Ave. Get in the left-most lane of the off-ramp and stay in the left lane on Camden Ave. About half a mile after you turn onto Camden you will see the Bascom Ave intersection. Turn left onto S. Bascom and get in the right lane immediately. GS is the third business on the right after you turn.

If you are coming down 101S from the peninsula
, Take 85S in Mountain View and follow the rest of the directions from SF.

If you are coming up from LA or from the south Central Valley
, it would be best to make your way over to 101N via CA152 from Los Banos over to Gilroy. After you come over the hump into south San Jose, take 85N. It's about nine miles up to the Bascom Ave/Los Gatos Blvd exit. Take the exit and turn right onto S. Bascom and stay in the right lane. About one mile later you will cross Camden Ave. Guitar showcase is just past the fast food place (third business starting at the corner) on the right.

I don't think anyone is coming from Monterey/Santa Cruz except me. If you are, let me know and I will provide directions if needed.

There are two entrances into GS. The first one goes behind the store and circles around behind it and into the main parking lot. The main entrance comes directly into the parking lot. GS has two buildings. As you turn into the main entrance the store is on the right and the other building is on the left. We are on the left. The door we will use to load in is on the end of the left building opposite Bascom Ave. The room is upstairs (sorry), down the hall on the left. This whole building used to be a multi-room recording studio, but much of it is now dedicated to their teaching/lessons business. I've been told that there are no classes or lessons on Sunday so we will not have to worry about bothering anyone.

There are a couple of restrictions. 1) No pets allowed. We can have some munchies and soft drinks/water, but 2) no alcohol (sorry). There are quite a few restaurants/bars in the area (especially down in Los Gatos or over in Campbell) if anyone wants to meet up afterwards for dinner and/or a bevvie.

GS are providing a PA, a few vocal mics/stands, and the drum kit. There are plenty of chairs and tables in the room which is roughly 20x30' with a low stage in one corner. There are a couple of pianos next to the stage should anyone be inclined. At the top of the stairs there's a small lobby/lounge with a couple of sofas we can use. Officially we will start around 1pm and need to be packing up and loading out by 6pm when the store closes. I plan to arrive around noon to get the PA set up and help Peter, my drummer buddy, get the kit set up and tuned to his liking.

It sounds like we have three four guitar amps and part of the Giant Bass Rig from BARC 2011 coming so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing you folks again and making some music. Ask here or PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,
A P
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Doug, thanks for all the details and Big Thanks for all your arrangements for the Confluence - Jam !!
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

No problem. Glad to do it, Rich. Looking forward to the big day!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Any more RRFers thinking about attending BARC on Sunday the 19th ?
:)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Maybe The Trés Bassidos? :mrgreen:
Attachments
Photograph Copyright SAW 2006 All rights reserved
Photograph Copyright SAW 2006 All rights reserved

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”