Bose L1 for guitar?

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

tamere

Bose L1 for guitar?

Post by tamere »

Hi all,

I need some advice regarding a live set up. I perform exclusively solo, with voice and guitar or piano. I enjoy using a Rickenbacker 360/12 or a Gretsch White Falcon in an Orange bass amp to support my voice, I find it works better than the plugged acoustic sound for most club mixers/pa I encounter...However I need to upgrade this set up:

I strictly use very clean guitar sounds with delay + reverb....

However I need to upgrade this set up...Some of the venues I play have poor quality PAs and I've been hesitating between getting either a Fender Deluxe Reverb for my guitars or a Bose L1 + ToneMatch system for my whole set of instruments (keys, acoustic, voice, bass, electric, ...)

I read that Rickenbacker and Gretsch developed a preset for the ToneMatch and I am wondering how the 360/12 and the Gretsch will sound through these systems? Does anyone use this for a solo setup? any opinions on sound quality and how dynamic is the sound?

I know a DRRI will sound great no matter what on guitars however the downside is the weight and the fact I can't use it at home too....

I am inclinded towards a Bose L1 because of the possibility to use this for vocals, acoustic guitar and also keyboards and not relying on a poor pa...I just need to know how it sounds with electric guitars plugged in for clean sounds and I would appreciate any input/advice.

It's hard to try one for myself here so any opinions would be appreciated.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Re: Bose L1 for guitar?

Post by whojamfan »

The L-1 seems to be a good choice here, especially if you are just needing clean guitar with a little delay and reverb. I've read about some Gretsch guys who were really happy with this setup recently.

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”