Any bassists had a chance to check this out? (TCE BG250)

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Any bassists had a chance to check this out? (TCE BG250)

Post by jps »

Yep, guitarists don't need a bass player, why, they have a knob on their amps for bass! :roll: :lol:
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

johnallg wrote:
walker wrote: Allgaier - I heard that the GC near Union Square here in NYC has pretty much liquidated it's entire bass room. Hardly any basses or amps left. ????? In synth bass really taking over the market? I can't see an entire populous just suddenly lose interest in playing bass! I think a lot of places that sell used gear are going to be enjoying more bass business.
Story never changes. No respect.
I'm there almost every day Mark...not much variety but it's always packed to the gills. Every Fender, Gibson, and Music Man you could want to try (though Bongo basses are rare); occasionally some really cool used stuff too. I played a killer old Tobias there recently, as well as a relic MIJ '51 Precision and a GREAT Sterling (off the top of my head). Mostly Markbass amps plus a few of those Acoustic-brand amps and a smattering of Ampeg.

Always several primo vintage P's and J's in the vintage room too, if you're so inclined.
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

Well that's the way it was the last time I was there. My intell must be faulty. Good to know I was wrong.
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

For the longest time, they had this '72 4001 JG in the vintage room.
1972 4001 JG.jpg
They wanted close to 5k for it, and I'd say it was in about 6-7 condition out of 10.
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

No Treble is having a giveaway on the separate head and cabinet version: http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2012/11/26 ... 0-cabinet/

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”