Rickenbacker 4002

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

CwD

Rickenbacker 4002

Post by CwD »

I have a 4002 and am having a diificult time finding out much about it. Would Anyone like to comment??
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This description is from the Bass Models article written by David Axt.

~ 4002 MODEL ~
This is a deluxe version of 4001. The 4002 model was a limited edition and in terms of features the fanciest bass that Rickenbacker ever produced.
The two pickups were moved to have the same location as a Fender Jazz bass. The original price tag in 1977 was $1250. One white bass was produced.
Features: Ebony fingerboard, pearl dot inlays, block bound body, two humbucking pickups, low impedance (XLR) output, 3-ply black/white/black laminated pickguard, truss rods adjust at head, 21 frets, black headstock binding, black fingerboard binding, contrasting walnut headstock wings, chrome Schaller M-4 tuning machines. Available only in Mapleglo and Walnut finishes.
1975 - Introduced
1984 - Discontinued

The pertinent section can be seen at Model 4000 Series

Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rick_j.

Post by rick_j. »

i am looking for a 4002 rickenbacker bass. anyone out there have one they want to sell? please call me first, thank you.
330-726-2782 -rick
linganstan
Veteran RRF member

Post by linganstan »

rick. a 4002 is like hen's teeth. i've got the only one that i've seen in eastern nova scotia so far, and at that , i got lucky. the knob who owned it, needed dope money, called me and sold me the bass. it only took 11 years from the first time i played it, and i got it since about 1989 or 90. naturally it's not for sale, however i'll keep an eye out for another.(mine is a maple finish.)
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

I believe that I saw a posting or an article on Evil Bob's Rickenbacker site (now deceased) that quoted production totals for the 4002 at 187 basses produced. Anybody know if that is true or not?
"This is the big one, Elizabeth, I'm coming to join ya, honey!"
bassman

Post by bassman »

There's one for sale on at the link below. It's mapleglo and made around 1982. The asking price is approx $1900 US dollars. Good luck, Cheers.
http://www.hotwire-bass.de/vintage.htm/vintage.htm

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”