Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (pag) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:38 am

Some clips of the 1990 CS H36407 are here.
I think the audio is a bit fuzzy but its from the FOH direct into the camera mic.

PG.
Youtube......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KPdKsWo1mQ
User avatar
(pag)
Member
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:37 am
Location: Altrincham Cheshire England

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (teeder) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:43 am

Cool, Pete! Thanks.

I see Ampeg cabs, which are they?
(teeder)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5955
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:00 am

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (pamenter) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Lefty 4003s8,

Their are six left-handed basses in Rickenbacker register?



mike :D
(pamenter)
New member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:38 am

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (Lefty4003S8) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 pm

pamenter wrote:Lefty 4003s8,

Their are six left-handed basses in Rickenbacker register?



mike :D

Mike,

If you have phrased your post in the form of a question.....I can't answer it. I've only done a search for Lefty 4001CS'es(sp?). And even THAT search was conducted a long time ago.

I have never done a search on TOTAL number of Lefty basses in the Registry.

Lefty4003s8


Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
User avatar
(Lefty4003S8)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:05 am

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (johnallg) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:24 am

teeder wrote:Cool, Pete! Thanks.

I see Ampeg cabs, which are they?

I'm guessing 410HE and 410HLF.

Pete, what Ampeg head are you using? SVT-3 Pro?
User avatar
(johnallg)
Rick-a-holic
 
Posts: 17688
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (Lefty4003S8) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:11 pm

pamenter wrote:Lefty 4003s8,

Their are six left-handed basses in Rickenbacker register?



mike :D


Mike,

NOW I understand what you meant. There are six Left-Handed 4001Chris Squire basses in the Register!!!!! Four of which reside within the USA.
I just did an updated search, and that number is higher than I expected......maybe there are a few more out there??????

Thanks again for the "Heads Up"!!!!

Lefty4003s8



Do not drink from the toilet when taking Cialis
Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
User avatar
(Lefty4003S8)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:05 am

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (soundcity5150) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:18 pm

Hi friends,

I'm owner of a CS from '91 with #189.
It have the 12k Toaster and the 12k horseshoe.
I noticed that the horseshoe sounds more darker and fatter then the toaster.So I installed the 3rd.cap .
It now sounds very good balanced to my ears.Not to thin and not to fat.
And the horseshoe now sounds more crunchy that reminds more to the Chris Squire sound.

But it now makes me think,If I done ' the right thing ' ?!?
I unfortunately never heard a real RM 1999 .So I have no compare if the original horseshoe sounds also darker and fatter.
A question that pains me :mrgreen: .

Can anyone say more about that ?

Another question is...Some people here told that the CS sounds more piano or have a piano sound.

What did they meant ?
Does it mean that do they sound more brighter or have more sustain etc....?

Questions, questions, questions
(soundcity5150)
New member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:42 am

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (bugman) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:51 pm

Musicgoround website has one listed
(bugman)
Member
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (soundcity5150) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Many thanks.
Do you have a link for me ?

Greetings Michael
(soundcity5150)
New member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:42 am

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (ram) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:06 pm

search for musicgotound and then at the web site search Rickenbacker bass....you should see this:
https://www.musicgoround.com/product/40 ... ars-yellow

I think this is what you were asking about.
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
User avatar
(ram)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:55 pm
Location: Bumpass, VA, USA

Re: Model of the week 18: Chris Squire Limited Edition

Postby (soundcity5150) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:16 am

Many thanks Tom,

But I'm NOT searching for a CS.

Actually I had a completely different question.



.
soundcity5150 wrote:Hi friends,

I'm owner of a CS from '91 with #189.
It have the 12k Toaster and the 12k horseshoe.
I noticed that the horseshoe sounds more darker and fatter then the toaster.So I installed the 3rd.cap .
It now sounds very good balanced to my ears.Not to thin and not to fat.
And the horseshoe now sounds more crunchy that reminds more to the Chris Squire sound.

But it now makes me think,If I done ' the right thing ' ?!?
I unfortunately never heard a real RM 1999 .So I have no compare if the original horseshoe sounds also darker and fatter.
A question that pains me :mrgreen: .

Can anyone say more about that ?

Another question is...Some people here told that the CS sounds more piano or have a piano sound.

What did they meant ?
Does it mean that do they sound more brighter or have more sustain etc....?

Questions, questions, questions
(soundcity5150)
New member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:42 am

Previous

Return to Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests