Model of the Week List

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Tarrbot
Intermediate Member

Model of the Week List

Post by Tarrbot »

In an effort to centralize and share this great amount of knowledge, I thought it'd be useful to put together a master list of these weeks so we could have an easier way of finding them.

Yes, the search button works but if anyone is like me and wasn't here for the earlier weeks, we don't know what was already put up. This gives us one master listing so we can just visually scan and click the models we'd like to see more about.

I didn't want to completely rip off people's images without asking them. I have a lot of them "in the ready" to put by each listing if people are OK with that. I'm hosting them on another site so I'm not leeching them from anyone.
I'll also add to the list as we venture forth. :)
Moderator note: Although I've edited this post with pictures, the credit for the work goes to Scott Tarr. Well done Scott, great job! :wink: Thanks also to those who agreed to let the pictures of their Ricks be used here!
We'll continue to add to this post until "Models Of The Week" threads have run out.
- Joey
bassduke49

Re: Model of the Week List

Post by bassduke49 »

Thanks, Scott, for the handy list. We've got a couple more weeks to go (the 4004Cii and 4004Cii/5), and then I'll have to come up with something equally as entertaining. :)
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Scott, thanks for making the list. :D
I meant to get to it after you suggested it, but never had the free time. :x
It is now "Sticky" and I will add the rest to it so they will all be in your first post.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
Tarrbot
Intermediate Member

Post by Tarrbot »

Joey, I can add pics beside each listing if it would be of use.

The only issue I had with that was using pics of other forum members basses without their permission. Not that legally I need permission but that it would be discourteous of me not to ask.

You had one of the pics I was thinking of using and Paul had several. I'm sure there were others in each of those threads that I'd prefer to get permission from.

Although, the list itself might be just as good without the pics.

And yeah, I had meant to put this list together a couple of weeks back and had Real Life intrude and force my hand on dealing with it. ;)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Scott, I think most of the people here would give their permission to use a pic of theirs. The problem is you can't edit your first post, but I can do that for you.
Tarrbot
Intermediate Member

Post by Tarrbot »

Good thing I'm a geek and copied (and saved) my gobbledy-gook code so I can just pm you the changes you'd need to make to get pics in place. :)

Now I just need to find time to do that. Tonight's not happening and the next few days are booked already... maybe.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Tarrbot wrote:Good thing I'm a geek and copied (and saved) my gobbledy-gook code so I can just pm you the changes you'd need to make to get pics in place. :)

Now I just need to find time to do that. Tonight's not happening and the next few days are booked already... maybe.
No rush, thanks for doing that! :wink:
fretless

Post by fretless »

Awesome ! 8)
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

Scott, great job! You described your work in another post as:

"In reality, I'm a digital janitor... or put a more accurate way, a digital plumber."

Great plumbing job!

PS If needed or wanted, permission granted for use of my photos (weeks 8, 11 and 13).
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Great job, everybody! That index is looking really good 8) and what's behind it is even better.
All I wanna do is rock!
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

In skimming through some of the threads in the Model of the Week series, I noticed the many unfortunate "holes" left by photobucket links that have long since vanished.

For future reference (way too late to be practical here), it is probably better in a series such as this - that will be used for future reference - to upload photos rather than provide photobucket (or similar) internet links that will eventually evaporate.

There - I have stated the obvious. You're quite welcome, I'm sure. :mrgreen:
Tarrbot
Intermediate Member

Post by Tarrbot »

Thanks everyone.

Ron, those image links above are photobucket. The interesting thing about the broken links you refer to is that I don't ever move my images around on photobucket. I put them in an album and they stay there.

I have image links I've put there for use on another forum and they've been that way for years. :)

When I chose images, I normally just chose the first (or possibly second) image in the thread. There were a few I had to pass over due to lack of image contrast... the bass was in a dark corner or there was a lot of loud colors in the background going on. I used my 4003S/5 for the week 12 image and in retrospect, I almost wished I had done that week like I did the 8 string images and used a pic of the headstock with the 5 tuners.
kssound

Post by kssound »

any chances of a listing of whats to come?
Scooter

Edmonds, WA
72-4001 JG, 73-4001 JG, 86-4003/5 JG hmmm someday I might have to try a color!
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Right now there's only one (or two) to come: the 4004Cii/5 and the speculative new model to be announced this year(?) by RIC to replace the 4001C64/C64S in the line.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

bassduke49 wrote:Right now there's only one (or two) to come: the 4004Cii/5 and the speculative new model to be announced this year(?) by RIC to replace the 4001C64/C64S in the line.
Ooh! Write about that second one first! I wanna know what it's going to be...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”