SOMEONE STOLE MY RIC

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

nextcliffburton

SOMEONE STOLE MY RIC

Post by nextcliffburton »

Last night someone smashed my truck window and smashed my Ampeg Head on the street and stole my Rickenbacker. If anyone comes across a 1980 Burgundy Rickenbacker 4001 w/ a Badass Bridge II on it and Serial Number TH 3349 on this forum or ebay or craigslist or any forum please let me know. Thanks you everyone

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/ ... us/ric.jpg
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: SOMEONE STOLE MY RIC

Post by kiramdear »

Will do. Where did this happen? I'm really sorry to hear it. :( Is it in the registry? If so you can tag it as stolen.
All I wanna do is rock!
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Wow. Very sorry. Like Kira asked, it might be helpful to know the area of the country you live in.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Major bummer! Please, do put your bass in the register as stolen, that makes it easier to recognize should it show up somewhere. I hope you get it back soon! :(
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
berth
RRF Consultant

Post by berth »

Wow. I'm sorry to hear this and I can relate to how you feel. :( (They stole our motorbike (bmw r1100GS) half a year ago. The bike is back now though with some repair necesary.)
68 4001|73 4001 MG|75 4000 MG|79 4001 JG FL|81 4001S AZG|86 4003 MID/BT|86 4003 Shadow|88 4003s Blackstar|89 4003 Grey/BT FL|93 4004 Ci|96 4003S/8 FG|98 4003S/5 JG|05 650D|05 4004Cii/5 TG|08 660/12 JG|18 4003S/5 MID|19 4003S/5 WAL ||TR35B|RB 30||
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Sorry to hear the news.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Geez, sorry to hear about this. I hope you recover your 4001.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

What a complete bummer, and you had only just got your dream bass.... :(

Very sorry!

Eden.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Sorry to hear this. It is a;ways a good idea to never, ever leave a guitar or bass in a locked vehicle.
Ka is a wheel.
fourstringfrank

Post by fourstringfrank »

I get so mad when I read things like that......even if you´ve got a inchurance on your instrument and can be compensated some of the economical,loss that is one thing....but for many musicans the instrument will be a very personal thing you sorta grove together.
I really hope you´ll get your bass back.
Best wishes Dan.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Renter's, homeowner's, and many auto policies cover this kind of loss, minus your deductible, of course.

Bro, you must have inchurance!
4757-cheech-marin.jpg
jamespaul71

Post by jamespaul71 »

Thats horrible. Update the register here, start watching ebay, and start watching global craigslist (there are websites that let you search globally on craigslist incase they list elsewhere). I'm not sure how one would approach local pawn and guitar shops though, before or after police report? Don't even tell them in case they get it so you can get it back? Anyone have experience with this?
ram

Post by ram »

Wow that sucks - and you just got that one didn't you? As others have said where did this dastardly thing happen? So do do a police report if not done yet. I guess we are not allowed to draw and quarter or tar and feather any longer... so try to do the law thing. Maybe do some posters and get to local pawn shops and music stores. Really sorry to hear this Jake. Good luck getting it back.
nextcliffburton

Post by nextcliffburton »

I just got done with a gig and was celebrating, stopped by the lake where my buddies were partyin at. Parked my truck and locked it all up and jsut went up there for about 20 minutes to have a beer and to celebrate from having a great gig. Get a phone call from a buddy saying these guys that left the party were ****** about my friends talking to there girls and that they took my bass and smashed my ampeg. Tomorrow I'm going to all the pawn shops in the area with a flyer of the description, and pictures of it. Hopefully these idiots will try and Pawn it and get caught. I can see them doing 3 things. 1. Go and Pawn It 2. Smash it just like the Ampeg or 3. Play it themselves. Ill try all these ideas and get the bass back if I can. Ill update you all. Thanks for everything and the support guys. Really appreciate it!
rikk
Intermediate Member

Post by rikk »

Jake,

Sorry to hear about the incident. City, and country would help a lot. We have eyes and ears all over the world as part of this forum community.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”