Deluxe bezel with an integrated THUMB REST

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Fretjob

Re: Deluxe bezel with an integrated THUMB REST

Post by Fretjob »

This is an excellent idea, and brilliantly executed by the looks of it. I’m primarily a pick player though I anchored in and on the pickup itself when I played finger style. Even just for filling in that hole it’s perfect. The thumb rest is a massive plus.

The standard looks the cleanest and what you would want to have.
The cove looks as though it is the 2nd “cleanest” but I’m not sure it would hold my thumb solid.
The Deluxe looks perfect for locking the thumb down but I wish it was as clean looking as the standard.

Looks as though they are available to purchase in the UK as well.
daveman

Post by daveman »

I'll add my kudos and thanks to Frank P. for a great product and superior customer service. I ordered the deluxe bezel with thumb rest, but it didn't fit properly because my May 1973 4001 has an unusually large pickup (see my other post). Frank cheerfully and promptly made me a custom bezel and it fits perfectly.

The product is beautifully made, functional and very attractive. I'm still getting used to the thumb rest. I don't like the way my finger pops against it when I play the E string - but I do like the way I can anchor my thumb for playing closer to the bridge. I'm going to give it time and see how I adjust to it.
Attachments
100_3584a.JPG
Fretjob

Post by Fretjob »

I've just purchased a new Midnight Blue 4003 and fitted the Cove type over the weekend.

The "cove" is much deeper than it looks in the pics and has plenty enough purchase to lock the thumb down for the occasional times i may play with my fingers.

The only point not fully outlined in the instructions was what to do with the washers previously used to protect the pickup guard lugs. I left them out which i'm sure is the correct thing to do.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”