??????????????

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Re: ??????????????

Post by ricaddic »

Well the cats out of the bag, if you check Pick of the Ricks site you will see what I have been waiting for....life is good....
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Which color?
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

jps wrote:Which color?
Sea Foam Green Jeff, im also ready to pull the trigger on a White one too....
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Very cool. Congrats Angelo.

All of the colours they are offering are very nice. These will probably become quite collectable.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

winston wrote:Very cool. Congrats Angelo.

All of the colours they are offering are very nice. These will probably become quite collectable.
Thanks Brian, im extreamly estatic about it, my hats off to Mr Hall for producing these basses, not only is it one two colors im been dying to have a Ric finished in, but its a C64 too, im probably gonna jump on a white one too beside the sea foam green, but yea im a honest man and give credit and praise to those who deserve it so I salute Mr Hall and the staff at Rickenbacker, and especially Chris and Shelby Clayton of Pick of the Ricks for making it a reality to own one of these sweet basses, and as far as a collectors piece, im not a collector , im a player and mine will be getting lots of playtime and not hidden in its case to be later sold on ebay at a very, very, very high price, an instrument it built to be played and appreciated, wonder how many will pop up on ebay as soon as they are bought, you know its gonna happen....
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

And If I may say so..............you are a great bass player too Angelo. :D Like you, I am sure the odd one will show up on evilbay at an inflated price.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Yes, very cool! Congrats!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Just saw their site...man, Angelo, you sure are lucky. :D Now how did it come about that they did this, I never thought Ric did custom orders?
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

winston wrote:And If I may say so..............you are a great bass player too Angelo. :D Like you, I am sure the odd one will show up on evilbay at an inflated price.
Thanks for the kind words Brian, your a pretty amazing musician yourself, I like that, evilbay, thats funny, I'll never understand greedy and selfish people, but unfortunately, the world is full of them, most of them are called politicians...lol, stay safe good brother, give Winston a treat for me and tell him Gia says hi..
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

Congrats Ange !! 8)
bosco64
Veteran RRF member

Post by bosco64 »

Yay Angelo! You know, I've been meaning to go up to Philly...we can get a couple of cheesesteaks... :lol:
"Keep smiling, keep your mouth shut, and nobody gets hurt!" :mrgreen:
Don't bust Mike's chops...
'05 4003 BBR; '99 4001V63 FG; '96 4003S Trans Blue (custom refin from Paul W.)
eric_b
RIC

Post by eric_b »

ricaddic wrote: Thanks Brian, im extreamly estatic about it, my hats off to Mr Hall for producing these basses, not only is it one two colors im been dying to have a Ric finished in, but its a C64 too, im probably gonna jump on a white one too beside the sea foam green, but yea im a honest man and give credit and praise to those who deserve it so I salute Mr Hall and the staff at Rickenbacker, and especially Chris and Shelby Clayton of Pick of the Ricks for making it a reality to own one of these sweet basses, and as far as a collectors piece, im not a collector , im a player and mine will be getting lots of playtime and not hidden in its case to be later sold on ebay at a very, very, very high price, an instrument it built to be played and appreciated, wonder how many will pop up on ebay as soon as they are bought, you know its gonna happen....

This post makes me happy...I'm glad to see some of these going to forum members..Angelo, I hope you enjoy the heck outta that bass..They really are beautiful, and I hope to see some vids of you giving that baby a workout!
"It's not the obscene thick gloss, but how it's applied"
bosco64
Veteran RRF member

Post by bosco64 »

eric_b wrote:
ricaddic wrote: Thanks Brian, im extreamly estatic about it, my hats off to Mr Hall for producing these basses, not only is it one two colors im been dying to have a Ric finished in, but its a C64 too, im probably gonna jump on a white one too beside the sea foam green, but yea im a honest man and give credit and praise to those who deserve it so I salute Mr Hall and the staff at Rickenbacker, and especially Chris and Shelby Clayton of Pick of the Ricks for making it a reality to own one of these sweet basses, and as far as a collectors piece, im not a collector , im a player and mine will be getting lots of playtime and not hidden in its case to be later sold on ebay at a very, very, very high price, an instrument it built to be played and appreciated, wonder how many will pop up on ebay as soon as they are bought, you know its gonna happen....

This post makes me happy...I'm glad to see some of these going to forum members..Angelo, I hope you enjoy the heck outta that bass..They really are beautiful, and I hope to see some vids of you giving that baby a workout!
A huge +1 Eric... 8) 8)
"Keep smiling, keep your mouth shut, and nobody gets hurt!" :mrgreen:
Don't bust Mike's chops...
'05 4003 BBR; '99 4001V63 FG; '96 4003S Trans Blue (custom refin from Paul W.)
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

eric_b wrote:

Hello Eric my good brother, hope all is well, thank you for you kind words, I will be honest with you, I am truely and am extremely grateful to have had the opertunity to be able to get in one one of these IMO the the sweetest looking bass I have ever seen without question, as many know on here im not araid to speak my mind and often do, and know very well there are many on here not all that cringe and snarl at me when I make a post on here, and am sure right now there are some who are cursing me out stomping thier feet and are ****** that I was fortunate to acquire one of these beautiful gems, but thats ok im a grown man and have a very thick skin and can take it,however, I am man enough to admit that I have called Rickenbacker out on the carpet a few times about nothing new comming out the last couple of years or atleast offering a few diffent finish colors, well you guys stepped up to the plate and hit a grand slam and kicked my butt, but thats a good thing, its what I as a customer been waiting for, feel free to kick my butt like this as many times and as often as all you at the Rickenbacker International Corperation as you would like..lol, once again, Thank you to Mr Hall and all the staff at Rickenbacker, for producing these gorgeous basses, cant wait to see the white and TV Yellow ones as well, im planning on getting a white one too, well Eric my good brother, thank you and promise a vid or two with her..take good care, wish all the best for the upcomming holidays and as always, stay safe.
s4001

Post by s4001 »

I can't afford one, but man I can't wait to see the TV yellow. That'll be a shocker.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”