What kind of bass amp do you use with your Rickenbacker?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Nop

Re: What kind of bass amp do you use with your Rickenbacker?

Post by Nop »

This is my new beast. So loud.. Too much.. Even in a room where I can play at full volume, I can"t handle this :oops:

Marshall Silver Jubilee 3560, and my Ricky 4003w

Laird

Post by Laird »

Hiwatt DR103, Hiwatt DR504 and single 15 cabs with JBL E140's. I don't run stereo as I've never liked the sound of it. I prefer to have the same pickup blend going to both amps by using a splitter that has a transformer iso and phase reverse switch phase switch (if needed). The 100 watt amp runs clean and the 50 watt amp has a slightly overdriven sound. Either head can run a single or dual 15's. I also have one of those Marshall Jubilee 600 heads like in the previous post but rarely use it. Two Hiwatt heads handle anything I do anymore.
RobW

Post by RobW »

I have a Yorkville cm100 combo amp that gives a nice warm tone with my Rick and TI-Jazz flatwounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUpGBa51JGA
jacolyte

Post by jacolyte »

i have a few different amps but for me the indispensable ingredient is a sansamp (i favor the sweepable mid of the RPM rack / para driver pedal).
jacolyte
--
- 4003 x5, 4003S x3
- other stuff
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I recently got back on longterm loan from a friend my old Sansamp GT2 pedal. After playing around with it and doing some test recording, I am not sure why I sold it in the first place.
skychurch

Post by skychurch »

I use a Gallien-Krueger MB Fusion 500 with a GK MBE II 1x15 Bass Cab.
I got the set for a good price, it's light weight and ... it sounds awesome!
bassmekanik

Post by bassmekanik »

Ampeg Micro-CL

Amazing little thing. Cant really use anything bigger in the house and it holds its own at rehearsals very easily (even in pub gigs too!).
songdog

Post by songdog »

Over on another forum where people "talk" about "bass", someone posted a link to the Tech 21 VT Bass 200 200-Watt, 1x12 bass combo amp.

Worth looking at for the picture:

'72 (maybe early '73) 4001? Looks to me like they plugged into the Rick-O-Sound jack, though! :lol:
Turn on, tune up, rock out!
M2016G

Post by M2016G »

I use a TC BH550 or an Ampeg PF500 through single or double 12" cabs. I was using the SansAmp BDDI for years. Recently stopped using it on smaller shows. I find I now prefer the sound of the actual instrument over double processing (SansAmp and bass amp eq). Quite happy with the sound of the bass 'as is'. I can get any tone just plugging in using the Ric controls and attack styles.
jai_the_bass

Post by jai_the_bass »

Orange AD200B into a Barefaced Big Twin 2. OK the amp is still as heavy as the old OR120 I had back in the day but the Barefaced is so much lighter than the old Custom built (2x15, 1x12 and HF) cab I had. Can't beat the Orange / Rickenbacker combination in my opinion
Can we have a bit more talent in the monitors please.....?
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

jai_the_bass wrote: Can't beat the Orange / Rickenbacker combination in my opinion
It does sound sweet.
Currently: Tuxedo, 1972 4000

Past holdings: 1968 4005, Blackstar, 3000, CS, Alembric, Tuxedo, 360-12, Blackstar, 360-12, 1982 4003, Shadow, 4003 SnowGlow, CS in that order.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”