Newly stolen items *ALERT*

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

4005player

Re: Newly stolen items *ALERT*

Post by 4005player »

desantisc wrote:I have attempted to get in touch with Gary, but he is not responding. Does anyone know his status? thanks.
Hi Carl - yes, Gary is around, and you can PM Collin Whitley for his contact details if you need them. He's working a lot/really busy these days. I've been touch with him over the past week concerning his red 320, as I unknowingly purchased it back in August - see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=415539

All best,
Jim
desantisc

Post by desantisc »

Jim,

Thank you for your response. I will contact Collin and hopefully get my issues resolved as well.

Carl
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Update: the 4003 S SPC Tuxedo (serial number C0 9359) is no longer a stolen instrument, and is now legally owned by Carl. It was recovered from Carl and sold back to him. The Irvine PD was notified of the recovery, so their report should have been updated accordingly (that this bass is no longer among the stolen).

I notice that the status of the bass in the Register has already been corrected (thank you, Gil or Peter!).

I want to thank Carl for his perseverance, patience, and understanding during this journey.

One other update too: the 320 Red showed up at a local shop and bought locally. The buyer and I have yet to work out a deal on that one, but I expect that it will go through a similar path to new legal ownership.

I appreciate everyone who is still keeping an eye out for these.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Wow! This has been quite a saga. I've lost track, I'm afraid. Was the thief ever determined and apprehended? How many instruments are still "out there"? Hope you are well!

Paul
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Since it's been two years, I will try to get the material together for a comprehensive update so that folks do not need to go through all of the threads to get a current perspective.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Thanks, Gary. I'll look forward to it.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”