2nd Edition progress

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: 2nd Edition progress

Post by jps »

bassduke49 wrote:Do me a solid, would you? If you guys buy it on Amazon, leave a review there, please. :D
cheyenne wrote:Already did Paul, my pleasure. :D
bassduke49 wrote:Thanks, Scott! Didn't know that was you! :D

So, you're Miss Courtney?!?!?!?!?!? :shock: :mrgreen:
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

I finished up the setup on my friends "new/old" 4001 today, and I asked him to please leave you a good review as well Paul.

He loves your book, and actually purchased both editions. He said he would be more than happy to give you a shout out. :D
"Knowledge is Power"
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Thank you! Yes, two new reviews in the last two days!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
Chris P

Post by Chris P »

New version is even better! Love it!

Time for an updated 3rd edition: My name is wrongly changed from Chris Dekker (right, first edition), to Chris Becker (wrong, second edition) :mrgreen: But people still recognize me which is great!!!! An honour to be in it!!!!!
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Chris P wrote:New version is even better! Love it!

Time for an updated 3rd edition: My name is wrongly changed from Chris Dekker (right, first edition), to Chris Becker (wrong, second edition) :mrgreen: But people still recognize me which is great!!!! An honour to be in it!!!!!
Aaww, damn it! I'm so sorry, Chris. Well, it is not a news flash that I am not perfect. I'm sure that I rewrote the caption to include info on the two additional photos, but I don't know how I crossed Dekker for Becker. I must have been tired when I put that page together. Damn. :oops:
berth
RRF Consultant

Post by berth »

bassduke49 wrote: Aaww, damn it! I'm so sorry, Chris. Well, it is not a news flash that I am not perfect. I'm sure that I rewrote the caption to include info on the two additional photos, but I don't know how I crossed Dekker for Becker. I must have been tired when I put that page together. Damn. :oops:
You misspelled his first name also. It should have said Boris instead of Chris.
68 4001|73 4001 MG|75 4000 MG|79 4001 JG FL|81 4001S AZG|86 4003 MID/BT|86 4003 Shadow|88 4003s Blackstar|89 4003 Grey/BT FL|93 4004 Ci|96 4003S/8 FG|98 4003S/5 JG|05 650D|05 4004Cii/5 TG|08 660/12 JG|18 4003S/5 MID|19 4003S/5 WAL ||TR35B|RB 30||
Chris P

Post by Chris P »

No probs, Paul! As you might now I'm the editor in chief of the Dutch bass magazine. We/I make some mistakes too:)

The facebook post of the news item of the book is viewed around 4000 times and some people told me they ordered it.

This is on our website:

http://www.debassist.nl/nieuws/artikel/ ... cks-bottom
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Thanks for the plug, Chris! :D
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

Wow, I didn't know that a second edition was out. It has been quite a while since I've checked the forum (other things going on, wife's health, etc.), so no surprise I guess.

I will check it out and likely buy it.
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Finally got myself a copy.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

I got my statement (and a check!) from Hal Leonard Books today. This is my first royalty check! I was paid in advance in lieu of royalties for the first edition, and when the first edition sold out, it had just caught up with the advance. Since I didn't get an advance on the 2nd edition, all of the sales went to my royalty account. I'm not making it rich by any means (and that was never my intent), but it's reassuring that sales for the first six months of the 2nd edition were good: 1,141 copies! Not bad considering that some likely customers for the subject matter would have been satisfied with having just the 1st edition. I have most of you guys and gals to thank!

So, it's off to the bank. Maybe I can afford a custard cone on the way home! :D
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

bassduke49 wrote:I got my statement (and a check!) from Hal Leonard Books today. This is my first royalty check! I was paid in advance in lieu of royalties for the first edition, and when the first edition sold out, it had just caught up with the advance. Since I didn't get an advance on the 2nd edition, all of the sales went to my royalty account. I'm not making it rich by any means (and that was never my intent), but it's reassuring that sales for the first six months of the 2nd edition were good: 1,141 copies! Not bad considering that some likely customers for the subject matter would have been satisfied with having just the 1st edition. I have most of you guys and gals to thank!

So, it's off to the bank. Maybe I can afford a custard cone on the way home! :D
Well, I guess we now know who'll be buying Teeder's 1967 RM1999/4001S!! I was hoping the Rick fairy would help me win the lotto, so I'd have the $ :lol: :lol: :lol:
supazar

Post by supazar »

Hey Paul, I received my 2nd Edition from Amazon last week, I can't put the book down. Excellent update to the first edition, I just left a review on Amazon. Plus, I figured I had to buy the 2nd Edition to go along with my new MapleGlo 4003S :D.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Thanks, Chris! :D
sfuentes

Post by sfuentes »

I asked for this book for my birthday last year and I love it. The information and pictures it contains compelled me to play more, and I find myself more passionate about Rickenbacker basses than I ever imagined was possible. Thank you for writing such a wonderful book.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”