Lemmy's Rick is Jerome Rimson's Rick?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Chris P

Lemmy's Rick is Jerome Rimson's Rick?

Post by Chris P »

"Hello Friends, Jerome Rimson here!!

Yes this is my bass! I bought it from Stars Guitars San Francisco in 1977. I had just moved back to America from london England after joining Automatic Man featuring Pat Thrall gtr. Micheal Shrieve Drums and Bayete' Todd Cochran Keyboards. The bass was customised by the guy's from Alembic guitars and featured Hi A Bartolini pickups wired to a 5pin cannon jack lead that could process each of the 3 pickups to separate amplifiers if you choose to do so. I recorded the Automatic Man Visitors album with this bass also used it when recordind Ghost of A Smile with Freddie Mercury & Brian May, it was also used on the recording I made with Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy on his solo project's and on the Gas Tank television show I did with Rick Wakeman of Yes! The Bass was stolen in London after I returned to England following the breakup of Automatic Man. I found out years later that Lemmy of MotorHead had the the instrument, by that time it had been modified to Lemmy's needs and totally unsuited to my style of playing. As much as I respected Lemmy as a musician the bass was designed for a much more versatile application. I would love to get the bass back and restore it to it's beautiful state!

J. M. Rimson"

Read it all here, with pics:

http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic= ... 179861#new
wim
Intermediate Member

Re: Lemmy's Rick is Jerome Rimson's Rick?

Post by wim »

Chris P wrote: to it's beautiful state!
I beg to differ.
Great story though :D
rickenbastard

Re: Lemmy's Rick is Jerome Rimson's Rick?

Post by rickenbastard »

Super cool!
September 1978 4001 JG (Jeff Goldblum)
May 2014 4003W (Walter Sobchak)
December 1995 4003 MG (Bass of Spades)

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”