Normal for a new Ric?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

JMDunn

Re: Normal for a new Ric?

Post by JMDunn »

Thanks for all the responses, even though I am still not sure if that was normal. The return process went just fine. I only had to call Musician's Friend once to ask why the refund was $5.44 less than what I paid, and they refunded the last 5 bux no problem. I beat and battered them into a $50 credit too, which made me feel better about having to eat the new pickguard I bought before receiving the bass. :oops: This was a learning experience for me. I had gotten lucky once before. I bought a '93 jetglo on ebay and it is my favorite instrument, so I took a chance on MF and this 4003(s)W. From now on I think I will return to exclusively buying instruments I have seen and held in person.

The offer still stands if anybody needs a 2016-17 white pickguard from PickoftheRIcks.com, I have one I don't need. PM me.
maxwell

Re: Normal for a new Ric?

Post by maxwell »

I’m glad this worked out well for you, and was a “good” learning experience (vs. a “bad” one where nothing gets resolved). Let us know/see what you buy as a replacement when you find the fight one.

I don’t suppose you learned anything about those dots, did you? :wink:

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”