Trade options

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

9c1ny

Trade options

Post by 9c1ny »

So I have a very nice non Ric bass a guy is interested in, he's offering up a mint Seafoam green V63 and also a mint CS bass with a serial # under 20. Haven't worked out specifics of the deal but wondering what current valuations are on each? Guessing around $3k on the V63 and $4500 on the CS. Thanks in advance
bassduke49

Re: Trade options

Post by bassduke49 »

If it is an original (not a refinish) Sea Green (not sea foam) V63, it is probably one of less than a half dozen in that color. Some colors such as Sea Green are fairly rare and some pay a premium to get one. The CS is one of 1,000 or so, but being a limited edition, they hold a premium as well. The prices you have stated would have been at the top end when the market for these was at its peak, just before the economic crisis. The market prices have retreated a lot since, so consider that.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
9c1ny

Post by 9c1ny »

bassduke49 wrote:If it is an original (not a refinish) Sea Green (not sea foam) V63, it is probably one of less than a half dozen in that color. Some colors such as Sea Green are fairly rare and some pay a premium to get one. The CS is one of 1,000 or so, but being a limited edition, they hold a premium as well. The prices you have stated would have been at the top end when the market for these was at its peak, just before the economic crisis. The market prices have retreated a lot since, so consider that.
Thanks for the response, from what I've seen it looks like the Squiers skyrocketed after his untimely passing and have come down some since but are still pretty strong.

The Sea Green is beautiful and as you stated very rare, I wouldn't have guessed just a small handful though, it supposedly is original and mint

I'll update if the deal progresses , he really seems to like my bass, maybe I'll hold out for both ;p
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

For someone to pull out a Sea Green V63 and a CS signature, that must be some kind of "non-Rick" bass. :D
"Knowledge is Power"

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”