Belated NBD

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

woodyng

Re: Belated NBD

Post by woodyng »

jdogric12 wrote:And all this time I thought Laredos had maple fretboards! Did they used to?
I believe when they first started it was maple fretboards only,and at some point you could get either maple or finished bubinga. (?)
Of course, a few years ago they went to finished Caribbean rosewood. My ‘15 laredo has that.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Nice bass you got there, Woody!
Don't let democracy end democracy.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

jdogric12 wrote:And all this time I thought Laredos had maple fretboards! Did they used to?
From when they were introduced in 1992 to around 1999 when they switched them to bubinga.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

bassduke49 wrote:
From when they were introduced in 1992 to around 1999 when they switched them to bubinga.
Interesting!
The guy i bought it from said he ordered it in ‘99,and had to specify maple fretboard.
(It was built in February 2000).
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

woodyng wrote:
bassduke49 wrote:
Interesting!
The guy i bought it from said he ordered it in ‘99,and had to specify maple fretboard.
(It was built in February 2000).
Close enough! :D Not many changes in RIC production are dead stop - instant start, so the changeover probably took several months. This change of fingerboard material was around the same time as the introduction of the 4004Cii and the "lowering" of the pickups as well. Those changes happened to both 4004 models, Laredo and Cheyenne II.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

woodyng wrote:One of my bands played at the Oxenfre Public House last Saturday for their annual Halloween party. It was a blast!
Looks like fun. The Oxenfrê wasn't there, last time I passed through back in 2012.

What's the band name?
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Isaac wrote:
woodyng wrote:One of my bands played at the Oxenfre Public House last Saturday for their annual Halloween party. It was a blast!
Looks like fun. The Oxenfrê wasn't there, last time I passed through back in 2012.
What's the band name?
The Ox is just next door to a (now closed) bar called the Pine Cone. That bar closed just as the Ox was being completed. (Same owners)
The band name is Caucasians in Crisis,or Cic for short.
That name usually gets a strong reaction,either laughing disbelief,or mild horror... :mrgreen:
it’s way beyond tongue-in-cheek. We are a seriously unserious group,been kicking around for 6 years or so.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”