Rickenbacker C64S at GC

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

bugman

Rickenbacker C64S at GC

Post by bugman »

Saw this listed at the Detroit,MI Guitarcenter and it looks a little off from the one I have. Below the neck the body only goes to the pickguard edge right at the bottom of the neck. Mine has wood beyond the pickguard and about midway to the last fret. Modded or just an earlier version?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Ricken ... -Guitar.gc

Whats your thought? Better yet has anyone in the area checked it out?
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Rickenbacker C64S at GC

Post by jps »

Pics of yours?
bugman

Post by bugman »

Mines the one in Paul's book. Paul got me in touch with the guy that bought it from him and later listed it on Talkbass.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

I think the one in question is not "normal" but it's hard to tell if it left the factory that way (possible, as each instrument is finished sanded by hand), or if someone in the ownership chain had a hand in it. But of all the C64S basses I photographed, none had the lower cutout done this way.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
chefothefuture
Advanced Member

Post by chefothefuture »

bassduke49 wrote:I think the one in question is not "normal" but it's hard to tell if it left the factory that way (possible, as each instrument is finished sanded by hand), or if someone in the ownership chain had a hand in it. But of all the C64S basses I photographed, none had the lower cutout done this way.
Actually, the satin FG C64S in your book is similar. Perhaps not quite as extreme but very close.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”