Juststrings.com branded strings

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

MaplegloMatt

Juststrings.com branded strings

Post by MaplegloMatt »

I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with Juststrings.com own brand of nickel plated round wounds? I just got an email that their strings in single gauges are on sale. Sorry if this sounds like I’m promoting them which I’m not (although they’ve always been great whenever I’ve ordered from them).
It was too tempting not to give em a try in exact RIC guages for a very reasonable price. I’ve got a set of 105 75 55 45 on the way! I’m hoping “maybe” D’addario is their house brand supplier.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Juststrings.com branded strings

Post by cjj »

Cool! Be sure to post your experience...
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
M2016G

Post by M2016G »

I've been using Juststrings branded bulk strings on my Ric. I use the factory guages. I've used many brands and find their bulk strings on par with D'adarrio and DR. Never an issue, they last as long as the others. Price can't be beat. You'll have no issues. Good to deal with as well.
MaplegloMatt

Post by MaplegloMatt »

Thanks for the info. I’m looking forward to giving them a go this weekend at rehearsal. At about $20 for a set, this is a great way to get set of strings in the elusive stock RIC guages. I’ll give my .02 cents once I’ve given them a while to break in..
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

I'll have try a set. Thanks for the info.
"Knowledge is Power"
MaplegloMatt

Post by MaplegloMatt »

Ok...strung up my 4003s with the strings today. They are very nice. I like them a lot. I’m not really a round wound fan but these sound great. Not too harsh and very balanced. It’s the first time I’ve gone out of my way to match the factory guages and I really think it makes a difference. It seems like the response from the pick ups is even. Maybe I’m over thinking it but I believe I can feel and hear a difference.
Once they lose a little zing I’m probably gonna dig them even more! I highly recommend these as an inexpensive way to get virtually identical stock strings. They have no silks like RIC strings so they look the part too!

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”