4003 British Racing Green Advice Needed

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Gilmourisgod

Re: 4003 British Racing Green Advice Needed

Post by Gilmourisgod »

+1 on keeping it, those basses are Unobtanium, and will only increase in value. As others said, take it to a paint pro, they will make it vanish like it never happened.
lumgimfong
Intermediate Member

Post by lumgimfong »

you will probly ding it up yourself eventually anyway...
henry5
Advanced Member

Post by henry5 »

lumgimfong wrote:you will probly ding it up yourself eventually anyway...

This is one of the reasons buying guitars as investments doesn’t work for me. If I buy a guitar it gets gigged, and it will always get dinged at some point.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Not "dinged." "Reliced." People pay extra for that these days.
T28

Post by T28 »

Relic.... what a genius marketing move that only Fender lovers would buy into.
I prefer to mess them up with my own sweat and clumsiness!
Zucchero

Post by Zucchero »

Thanks for the many replies guys.

Just an update...

The shop has offered a £300 refund. I will check that I get a replacement case as part of the deal.

When I said “investment” I didn’t mean as in his inheritance. He has houses and land in the UK and Italy that will hopefully see him in good stead.

I meant as in, something that will hold/appreciate and be nice if he ever chooses to play - if not. He can sell it for a good amount and buy whatever he’s into. I’m sure there will be a cool hologram synth that teleports in time in twenty years!

Interestingly, Rickenbacker were of no use. They just said the shop/UK dealer would take responsibility. Strange as the bass can only have been damaged/left the factory imperfect because of them. (Miffed!)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Zucchero wrote:Interestingly, Rickenbacker were of no use. They just said the shop/UK dealer would take responsibility. Strange as the bass can only have been damaged/left the factory imperfect because of them. (Miffed!)
The bass was most likely opened, inspected and repacked, after the importer/dealer had a go with it for a while. Rickenbacker sells to their overseas distributor who is then responsible for all warranty and any other issues that may arise.
Zucchero

Post by Zucchero »

jps wrote:
Zucchero wrote:Interestingly, Rickenbacker were of no use. They just said the shop/UK dealer would take responsibility. Strange as the bass can only have been damaged/left the factory imperfect because of them. (Miffed!)
The bass was most likely opened, inspected and repacked, after the importer/dealer had a go with it for a while. Rickenbacker sells to their overseas distributor who is then responsible for all warranty and any other issues that may arise.
Totally get that. But the ding is in such a weird place, it looks like it was done when the machine head was being screwed in.

Anyway. Having dealt with another of the big guitar companies for an issue very, very similar, I’d expected better customer service to be honest.
Zucchero

Post by Zucchero »

Just an update. Loved the bass and neck. No one I spoke to (in Italy) would give a good answer about being able to match the pa My/do a good job here. So I sold the bass on. Not sure what you guys think a good return is but I made €800 profit on it. If you’re looking to sell, sell on Italy!
Clifton

Post by Clifton »

Welcome to (nonexistent) Rickenbacker warranty world!

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”