Vintage Pickup Question?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Vintage Pickup Question?

Post by jdogric12 »

ilan wrote:I have reissue horseshoe and toaster on my '73 (click the link in my signature to see pic) and man does that bass sound fantastic. The only mod needed is drilling 4 new holes for the surround.
Which get hidden if you switch back, so pretty convenient, right?
ilan
RRF Consultant

Post by ilan »

Yes.
"A Noble Instrument Must Be Nobly Regarded"
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

You don't even have to used the RI HS surround; the pickup will fit in the stock 4001/3 surround so no drilling is really required unless you want the vintage style surround on the bass.
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

bassduke49 wrote:I was obliquely referring to a scene from "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" where Steve Carrel's character is having his chest hair removed. At the first pull of the fuzz, he screams out "Kelly Clarkson" for no apparent reason. So, Jason's wig/hair from another part of his body . . . eh, too oblique, I guess. :|
I have to admit I was just being silly RE Kelly Clarkson -- Never saw that movie "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" although I am a big fan of Carrel's work in "The Office" and other movies...
Attachments
too-silly-meme.jpg
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

bassduke49 wrote:I was obliquely referring to a scene from "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" where Steve Carrel's character is having his chest hair removed. At the first pull of the fuzz, he screams out "Kelly Clarkson" for no apparent reason. So, Jason's wig/hair from another part of his body . . . eh, too oblique, I guess. :|
As someone who has never seen the movie, I was at a complete loss as well. Makes sense now.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”