Joey's Bass Notes???

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ram

Re: Joey's Bass Notes???

Post by ram »

correct me if I am wrong but as I recall there were graphics and processes which had been painstakingly developed and refine, which were being lifted from the JBN site; without asking or noting the source. Might have been a couple of folks passing it off as their own as well. I think that would have ****** me off a bit too. IP is IP.
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
bottom4
Veteran RRF member

Post by bottom4 »

ram wrote:correct me if I am wrong but as I recall there were graphics and processes which had been painstakingly developed and refine, which were being lifted from the JBN site; without asking or noting the source. Might have been a couple of folks passing it off as their own as well. I think that would have ****** me off a bit too. IP is IP.
We really need a like button on the forum!
callofcthulhu

Post by callofcthulhu »

ram wrote:correct me if I am wrong but as I recall there were graphics and processes which had been painstakingly developed and refine, which were being lifted from the JBN site; without asking or noting the source. Might have been a couple of folks passing it off as their own as well. I think that would have ****** me off a bit too. IP is IP.
Right, I just don't understand what "lifted" means in this context? Like, it's just an image. It's not as if image linking generates revenue. Whether the source is JBN or some reupload, the result is the same. If anything, reuploading relieves some strain on the server at the original site, so it's arguably beneficial.

If it's really just a matter of attribution, the images were watermarked right? I know some people do actually go through the trouble of removing watermarks before reuploading, but there's a special circle of hell reserved for those people.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

bottom4 wrote:
We really need a like button on the forum!
Ditto!
ram

Post by ram »

callofcthulhu wrote:
Right, I just don't understand what "lifted" means in this context? Like, it's just an image. It's not as if image linking generates revenue. Whether the source is JBN or some reupload, the result is the same. If anything, reuploading relieves some strain on the server at the original site, so it's arguably beneficial.

If it's really just a matter of attribution, the images were watermarked right? I know some people do actually go through the trouble of removing watermarks before reuploading, but there's a special circle of hell reserved for those people.
If one makes a diagram demonstrating a process, refines a schematic into a functional and way more descriptive document or maybe creates a detailed step by step process to do something and someone appropriates it (with or without water marks) to pass off as their own..... well that is just wrong and it's Joey's stuff to do with as he pleases. Can't say I blame him.
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Sometimes it's more than just passing it off as their own. Consider those who put the content on a site that puts lots of ads up, thereby generating revenue every time someone accesses them, and of course, not giving one bit of it to the one who painstakingly developed that content...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

callofcthulhu wrote:

There were several websites taking the content from my website as well as others and using it to make money. I offered the info free. You have no idea how many hours went into making that website. Between the typing, pictures taking, video shooting, making the illustrations...and then the website itself. It took at least couple of months. Then some boneheads come along and capitalize on it. Ever have anything stolen? Anything at all? That's how it feels.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”