RIC-Made Treble PUP Bezels Available!

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

sunsetjunk

Re: RIC-Made Treble PUP Bezels Available!

Post by sunsetjunk »

The cricket sounds are coming from RIC. They haven't responded to my polite requests to discontinue using my trademarked Treble Bezel™ name.

I did create another website with my Domain name "The Treble Bezel". The new website is still under construction, it will be refined over the coming weeks, but it currently shows in detail the quality of the geometry and cosmetics.

http://www.TheTrebleBezel.com

The store there is actually open and if there are any RickResource members interested in purchasing I will offer a 20% discount over this 4th of July weekend.
If the Ricresource forum moderator would like me to link this bass forum from my website, just PM me with the RickResource logo and I will post it. I have always directed technical requests regarding ric basses to this forum.

Thanks
Guzzitd63

Post by Guzzitd63 »

Hiya Frank!

Your new website looks fantastic!
Awesome photos and its good to see you've pictured the black ones as well (in case there was ever a question.)
Might it be worth mentioning that your design can easily be inverted if a person doesn't like either the Cove or Deluxe Anchor?

I visit the RIC Boutique periodically to see what they have for one-off instruments and get "poked in the eye" by the picture of their cheesy chunk of plastic.
It remains a "Featured Product" so its the first thing one sees as they open the link.

So its Frank's Greatest of All Time Treble Bezel (GOAT) vs. RIC's Cheesy Chunk of Plastic (CCoP)
(I should write speechs for donald trump ... lol)

Goodness always wins Frank.
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." James Paul McCartney
syncop8r
Veteran RRF member

Post by syncop8r »

That's rotten of them. I'm after one so I'll go for yours - any difference between getting it from your website or Pick of the Ricks (I need some screws as well)?
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

Whenever somebody mentions buying a Ric Boutique copy of the Treble bezel, I refer them to this thread so they can educate themselves a little. REALLY disappointing to see that a company who has been so agressive at protecting their own IP has no compunction ripping off the Original Treble Bezel. Lot's of ire and gnashing of teeth ( a lot of it right here on RRF) over Chinese copies, but apparently it's OK for Ric to do precisely what they have always condemned. Yeah, it's cheaper, so are fake Chinese Rics. Stealing IP is either never OK, or it's always OK. People need to make up their own minds and act accordingly.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

It's never OK for you; it's always OK for me.
ilan
RRF Consultant

Post by ilan »

Gilmourisgod wrote:apparently it's OK for Ric to do precisely what they have always condemned. Yeah, it's cheaper, so are fake Chinese Rics. Stealing IP is either never OK, or it's always OK. People need to make up their own minds and act accordingly.
Isaac wrote:It's never OK for you; it's always OK for me.
Stealing IP is OK?
"A Noble Instrument Must Be Nobly Regarded"
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

ilan wrote:
Gilmourisgod wrote:apparently it's OK for Ric to do precisely what they have always condemned. Yeah, it's cheaper, so are fake Chinese Rics. Stealing IP is either never OK, or it's always OK. People need to make up their own minds and act accordingly.
Isaac wrote:It's never OK for you; it's always OK for me.
Stealing IP is OK?
Not for you!
LBx

Post by LBx »

I take it these drop into the 4000 models the same as the 01 and 03?

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”