Trade 4001 TRC

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

JimmyJam1225

Trade 4001 TRC

Post by JimmyJam1225 »

Hi guys, Where would I post a notice that I have a 74-76 white with raised black lettering RIC TRC
That I want to trade for one that would match a modern 2018/19 4003 Black with White raised lettering?
Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong place ,
Jimmy
bassduke49

Re: Trade 4001 TRC

Post by bassduke49 »

Welcome to the Forum! If you don't mind, I think you probably won't find anyone to trade on this. But here's a way to get what you need. The raised-letter TRC with the black lettering can be "reversed" easily. Of course, first remove the TRC from the headstock. Get a can of black spray paint (gloss, flat, you choose) and spray the TRC by building up light coats. Allow the paint time to cure. Using 320-grit sandpaper (preferably on a block) lightly sand the raised lettering until you've sanded off your newly-applied black paint and the original black paint from the letters. Now you've exposed the original white plastic on the raised letters. You may want to apply a light coat of clear spray, again, your choice. Now you have a black TRC with raised white lettering without the trouble of finding an elusive original. :D
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
JimmyJam1225

Post by JimmyJam1225 »

Thanks Paul!
Wow, Sounds like you've put some thought into this huh? :)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

JimmyJam1225 wrote:Thanks Paul!
Wow, Sounds like you've put some thought into this huh? :)
Paul has a little bit of experience in painting small things. :wink:

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”