Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

JimmyJam1225

NBD

Post by JimmyJam1225 »

On the truck for delivery today!
Snagged up a Music 123 return off reverb for a 2019 4003 Jetglo
offered 'em 1499 for (as described) Mint condition return
and they accepted. I really didn't think they would as it was already listed at 1653.00 which I saw as a pretty good price already.
I have, in the past picked up some pretty killer deals off these guys on the "B" stock items.
I guess they gotta call 'em B stock due to the fact they've already been sold and are technically used
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Re: NBD

Post by aceonbass »

Hopefully the warranty card will still be in the case. If so, you can send it in and still have your warranty. Be advised...RIC does not have their full address on the card, so you'll need to fill it in, or put it in an envelope first.
JimmyJam1225

Post by JimmyJam1225 »

Thanks Dane!
Well my favorite thing happened, Yep, ...Delivery Exception! Argh!!
"Due to equipment failure your item will be delayed one full day"
Equipment failure?? Wow, Thanks UPS :)
I cancelled an appointment today just to make sure I was home to recieve it.
I know if I went to my appointment it would have been left on the porch for porch pirates!
Theres just no fighting city hall fellas,
So I'm already planning on calling in to work in the morning which will probably trigger another delay right?
Maybe I'll pretend to go to work and just spend the day hiding in the bushes until it arrives?
What'd ya think?
JimmyJam1225

Post by JimmyJam1225 »

You can bet if the warranty card is still there, I'll fill it out and send it in.

I wonder why RIC doesn't put there full addy on there?
Guzzitd63

Post by Guzzitd63 »

JimmyJam1225 wrote: .... just spend the day hiding in the bushes until it arrives?
What'd ya think?
Oh no! You'll end up spending the day in the ER with a gunshot wound and they'll take your Guitar as evidence.
JimmyJam1225

Post by JimmyJam1225 »

She arrived, She's Mint and I'm stoked!
Needs a setup pretty bad but that's to be expected. The only thing that I didn't take into account was the slot sizes of the nut.
Haven't tried restringing yet but I'm wondering if I'm gonna be able to get the A and D string into their slots without filing it a little bit
I use Daddario Pro Steel 45-65-80-100 and I think the factory sets are 45-55-75-and 105
All the hardware has a thick-ish patiena caked on tuning pegs, input jack, bridge treble pickup cover.
A little canuba wax removed all of it nicely. Little case rash as well but for the most part thats been buffed out.
gonna spend the rest of the weekend playing it and maybe set 'er up next week.
Neck is on the larger size thickness wise but is also a very flat D shape. After playing a smaller C it felt a little square to me but I'm already getting used to it.
gregson62

Post by gregson62 »

You will likely have to file the 'A' and 'D' string slots in the nut, so line up some files for the setup work. Sounds like a nice score. Congrats!

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”