Replacing 4001 pickups with 4003’s

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

henry5
Advanced Member

Re: Replacing 4001 pickups with 4003’s

Post by henry5 »

Dane’s also my go-to for harnesses, but all Ric-related prices (and many others) in the UK are sky-high. A new 4003 in the UK is the equivalent of approx 3000 dollars, give or take. As for parts, When I bought my last lot of wavy grovers from the States, they cost me 90 dollars in customs fees alone.
Henke

Post by Henke »

Well, dunno how the higher price can be justified... But when I buy something I look at what it would cost for me totally in the end. It is a sad fact prices on musical gear here in Europe are often higher than in the US. But when you add the higher price for shipping, custom’s fee and VAT, it is not cheap for us anymore. In my case, I paid 154 pounds for the harness including jacks. For me, that is the same cost for something ordered from the US costing 134 USD incl. shipping. But honestly, it was just easier just to add the harness to the pickup order. Delivery time was 3 days. Estimated delivery time from the US was 2-3 weeks.

It is not fair ;).
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

What are you going to do with the old pickups?
thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

henry5 wrote:Dane’s also my go-to for harnesses, but all Ric-related prices (and many others) in the UK are sky-high. A new 4003 in the UK is the equivalent of approx 3000 dollars, give or take. As for parts, When I bought my last lot of wavy grovers from the States, they cost me 90 dollars in customs fees alone.
+1 for Dane, I've have several of Dane's harnesses and they all perform great and have been very well made.
"It's Red Jim, but not as we know it...."

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”