new bridge = new rod?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

radapaw

new bridge = new rod?

Post by radapaw »

anyone know if the new bridged basses coming out now have a single rod like the AC?
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Re: new bridge = new rod?

Post by cheyenne »

Inquiring minds want to know...
"Knowledge is Power"
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

The new bridge is official on the Ric Instagram feed, will be shipped on all new 4003. Haven't heard anything about the new rod except on the Al Cisneros. They mentioned that the new bridges will be available through dealers for $190. Kinda pricey, but ...... Rickenbacker.
ilan
RRF Consultant

Post by ilan »

radapaw wrote:anyone know if the new bridged basses coming out now have a single rod like the AC?
I see no reason for that. My guess is that because the AC has no access to the body-end acorn nuts of standard Ric dual rods, they had to use a Fender-ish rod. All other Ric basses have access.
"A Noble Instrument Must Be Nobly Regarded"
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Gilmourisgod wrote:They mentioned that the new bridges will be available through dealers for $190. Kinda pricey, but ...... Rickenbacker.
They're worth what folks will pay for them (it's not insulin we're talking about). When the AC was announced with the new bridge I recall people were moaning that it would take a long time to be available as a retrofit, but it's come to the marketplace rather quickly.
radapaw

Post by radapaw »

I don't think the price is off, seems on par with babicz, ross, and other niche bridges to me... I mean I'd LIKE it to cost $60 like a gotoh pbass bridge, but I understand why it costs what it does.
thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

The Ric-Boutique now has the new 4003-V2 Tailpice and bridge for sale, I ordered mine this morning to replace a nasty Badass bridge on my 73-Fretless

I'll keep the thread updated on installation and setup

https://rickenbacker.3dcartstores.com/4 ... p_786.html
"It's Red Jim, but not as we know it...."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jim I look forward to some nice photos and your review.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Hmm, should I get a new V2 bridge to put on one of my 4004Ls? :wink:
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

cassius987 wrote:
Gilmourisgod wrote:They mentioned that the new bridges will be available through dealers for $190. Kinda pricey, but ...... Rickenbacker.
They're worth what folks will pay for them (it's not insulin we're talking about). When the AC was announced with the new bridge I recall people were moaning that it would take a long time to be available as a retrofit, but it's come to the marketplace rather quickly.
$190 is pricey for a bridge that requires 4 new holes to be drilled in your bass, through a notoriously fragile finish, when you can get a Hipshot all day for $120-150 brand new that's a drop-in fit with no additional holes. I think some people with older tail-lifted bridges will upgrade, but at that price.... I'll pass.
RIC_FACTORY
RIC

Post by RIC_FACTORY »

FYI, the routing for the new tailpiece is different. You will need to drill holes in order to install a Hipshot on new 4003's going forward.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Ben. I appreciate you passing on this information.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

admin wrote:Jim I look forward to some nice photos and your review.
Hi Peter,
Will do so, hopefully over the break, I received the new Tailpieces the other day, so will be unpacking and assembling they arrived as a "kit"

Initial views, they are heavier than both pre-73 "Split" and post 73 standard 4003 tailpieces, finish is flawless, build quality looks superb as well, at least as good or better than the Hipshot's
I'm looking forward to mounting on my 72-Fretless
"It's Red Jim, but not as we know it...."

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”