A question about truss rods

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: A question about truss rods

Post by rickenbrother »

maxwell wrote:I would also be glad to contribute.
Thanks, I appreciate your kind offer. I'm just hoping for an audience that will appreciate and benefit from the channel.
Dirk wrote:Oh and on the video editing front, I personally use the full version of Vegas Pro on Win10.
If you don't need all the high end tools, they make a very reasonable version that will do the basics very well.
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/

Good luck and happy editing.
Dirk
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been wondering about this one:

https://www.movavi.com/videoeditor/?asrc=main_menu
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

I've never heard of them before, but it appears to do most of what you'd need.

The key with video editing is comfort with the flow of editing, and of course the ability to output properly formatted output that plays well with YouTube and or Vimeo if you are hosting it there. The better the output, the less the AI will butcher your video during online conversion.

It looks like they have a free trial, so check it out. Vegas does the same.

In the past I've tried the big famous ones, Final Cut Pro and Premiere, and I never enjoyed their workflow.

Dirk
bbmaster123

Post by bbmaster123 »

Guitars are amazing. When a guitarist wakes up on a glorious summer’s day, they simply amble down to the park with an acoustic. Although, the same can’t be said for a drummer who has a 10-piece kit, who has to lurk in their waterlogged basement, battering away in the gloom like Gollum. I looked at a few on https://bestelectricguitars.reviews/bes ... -for-kids/ and I like what I saw. Nice to see that prices are still reasonable so everyone can enjoy this instrument. However, learning on an acoustic tends to strengthen your playing muscles and give you a more solid foundation to build on in the long run. Acoustic guitars require greater finger pressure to reach the fretboard, so it’s sort of like learning to drive a manual-shift car, then moving to an automatic. So start with a simple guitar.
Any Beatles fan, watch "Beatles 3000" on youtube! XD
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

A drummer should have a cajon to carry down to the park.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Isaac wrote:A drummer should have a cajon to carry down to the park.
Back in the day, it was bongos!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jps wrote:
Isaac wrote:A drummer should have a cajon to carry down to the park.
Back in the day, it was bongos!
Yes and about going bongos!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

rickenbrother wrote:
Thanks, I appreciate your kind offer. I'm just hoping for an audience that will appreciate and benefit from the channel.
I'll subscribe as soon as you're up and running .... :D
"It's Red Jim, but not as we know it...."
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

jps wrote:Regarding compressed wood, check at the heel end of the neck to see if the two acorns nuts on the body end of the rods are the same distance in from the end of the fingerboard. You may need to strengthen the wood there by saturating it with superglue to harden the surfaces the nuts bear on.
You took the words right outta my mouth, er, fingers! That is indeed the factory recommended procedure to solve this problem and it works very well.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

johnhall wrote:
jps wrote:Regarding compressed wood, check at the heel end of the neck to see if the two acorns nuts on the body end of the rods are the same distance in from the end of the fingerboard. You may need to strengthen the wood there by saturating it with superglue to harden the surfaces the nuts bear on.
You took the words right outta my mouth, er, fingers! That is indeed the factory recommended procedure to solve this problem and it works very well.
Guess who I learned that from. :wink: :D
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Good to hear from you again, John!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bassduke49 wrote:Good to hear from you again, John!
Indeed. Your posts put a smile :) on my face John.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
alberobello

Post by alberobello »

rickenbrother wrote:
ram wrote:Don't know how much of this kind of stuff you have done but Forumite Joey has a nice set of instructional videos and all here:

viewforum.php?f=107

Little things like the type of truss can make a difference on how you adjust the rods.
If I ever get my new Youtube channel going, I have a whole new technique for adjusting vintage Rickenbacker necks and any problematic guitar neck of any brand. Simple and anyone could do it. Now to decide on really good Video editing software that doesn't cost a fortune.
Hi Joey!

Just wanted to ask if you've decided which software to go for. I bet there are many people like me badly in need of your suggestions. :)

If I can do anything to help your youtube channel to be up and running, please let me know.

I learned a lot on RRF, it is time to give back to the community! :)
Cheers!
Ozan
henry5
Advanced Member

Post by henry5 »

rickenbrother wrote:
ram wrote:Don't know how much of this kind of stuff you have done but Forumite Joey has a nice set of instructional videos and all here:

viewforum.php?f=107

Little things like the type of truss can make a difference on how you adjust the rods.
If I ever get my new Youtube channel going, I have a whole new technique for adjusting vintage Rickenbacker necks and any problematic guitar neck of any brand. Simple and anyone could do it. Now to decide on really good Video editing software that doesn't cost a fortune.
I just tried downloading those (which is the only way I can even attempt to open them) and my Mac won't play them.
alberobello

Post by alberobello »

henry5 wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:

viewforum.php?f=107

I just tried downloading those (which is the only way I can even attempt to open them) and my Mac won't play them.
I converted the videos to mp4 with Movavi for mac. There is a huge watermark on the free version but does the job. Again, thank you Joey!
Cheers!
Ozan

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”