4003 Montezuma AmberGlo Ric Bass

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: 4003 Montezuma AmberGlo Ric Bass

Post by cjj »

admin wrote:
ilan wrote:It's breath taking. IMHO it will look killer with a black guard (apologies for the quick and sloppy photoshopped pic)
ambermonty.jpg
Ilan, agreed! This bass is exquisite! Thanks for posting the image.
Yes, very nice! Personally, I think most colours look best with a black pickguard instead of white. I wish they would offer that as an option.
Luckily, there are good after market options...
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
pauleway

Post by pauleway »

This finish looks "Montezuma Brown" to me. What's the difference between "Montezuma Brown", and "Montezuma AmberGlo"?
Whatever it is, I love both. For me, Ric's best finish tied with their "Amber FireGlo"!!! :wink:
ilan
RRF Consultant

Post by ilan »

pauleway wrote:What's the difference between "Montezuma Brown", and "Montezuma AmberGlo"?
Monty finish application - like Fireglo - leaves the center of the top in the natural maple hue. That's what differentiates FG from cherry sunbursts. Amber finishes have it, well, ambered. So Monty AmberGlo or Amber Montezuma is actually what the guitar world calls brown sunburst or tobacco sunburst.
"A Noble Instrument Must Be Nobly Regarded"
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

The black trim option was big as far as I'm concerned. They need to bring it back.
"Knowledge is Power"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cheyenne wrote:The black trim option was big as far as I'm concerned. They need to bring it back.
Scott, I am with you as far as black trim is concerned. It often gives an instrument the edge it needs.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
pauleway

Post by pauleway »

ilan wrote:It's breath taking. IMHO it will look killer with a black guard (apologies for the quick and sloppy photoshopped pic)
ambermonty.jpg

I think the Gold P-Guard+TRC goes best with the Monte-Brown finish. It's all good though!! :wink:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

pauleway wrote:
ambermonty.jpg

I think the Gold P-Guard+TRC goes best with the Monte-Brown finish. It's all good though!! :wink:
Paul I have a gold guard on my Montezuma Brown and agree. It is gorgeous combination.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
teeder

Post by teeder »

jps wrote:Are those PS'd photos? The "flame" looks kind of strange. And, what's up with the darker shaded center section (quite a bit wider than the neck section) that has the "flame" continuing across it from the "flame" on the body wings?
The neck section is "non-flamed" maple. Could it be that they laminated flamed maple caps over the neck section, over-lapping the seams?
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

No, it's a retouched photo. Read the other messages in this thread.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bassduke49 wrote:No, it's a retouched photo. Read the other messages in this thread.
Indeed, just a rendering of what the finish might be expected to look resemble.

henry5
Advanced Member

Post by henry5 »

If the real thing looks half as good as the mock-up, that will be one gorgeous instrument.
teeder

Post by teeder »

bassduke49 wrote:No, it's a retouched photo. Read the other messages in this thread.
Ah, I see! Said the blind man.
morrow

Post by morrow »

A gold guard would look gorgeous with that !
pauleway

Post by pauleway »

Paul I have a gold guard on my Montezuma Brown and agree. It is gorgeous combination.[/quote]

I have a 330 with the Gold PG+TRC. Bought it that way on e-Bay, then had my luthier put Checkerboard binding on front+ back.
I'd post a photo, but I am one of those "technically challenged" :oops: :roll: guys, so I'll have to get one of my kids over sometime to help me out!! :)
espidog

Post by espidog »

OK I know it's a mock-up image, but oh my, these are going to be beauties! Wish I could afford one... :(

I mean, for heaven's sake... checker binding! [*FAINTS*]
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”