4003 Montezuma AmberGlo Ric Bass

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

pauleway

4003 Montezuma AmberGlo Ric Bass

Post by pauleway »

I'm not a bass player, but I am a Rickenbacker lover and Wildwood guitars has a line of 4003 basses in a "Montezuma-AmberGlo" finish that you can pre-order coming in May 2020! Lucky you guys, and you're welcome!!! :wink:
Guzzitd63

Re: 4003 Montezuma AmberGlo Ric Bass

Post by Guzzitd63 »

Thanks for the heads up.
Interesting. According to Wildwood ,"They have single bi-flex truss rods as opposed to the more traditional Rickenbacker dual-truss setup."
teptwizz02

Post by teptwizz02 »

Lol. Well shooooot. I love my 2018 4003 Montezuma AmberGlo from Wildwood, but these with flame maple, single truss rod and new bridge.... daaaaamn fine piece of work. These are about $6k more, though... be lying if I said I wouldn't have laid down the dough for one of these if I didn't already have the other. Truly extraordinary.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Very nice. I've been looking for figured top 4003's to come into the picture ever since they introduced the 4004 CII's.

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product/FM4 ... ?cat_id=32
"Knowledge is Power"
pauleway

Post by pauleway »

I wished they would have a special run of 360/12's, or even, better 350v63's (as long as I'm dreaming, "Double Bound-Checkerboard binding") in this finish, but I'm sure the basses sell much easier than the 6 or 12 string do. You bass players have all the luck!! :lol:
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

pauleway wrote: You bass players have all the luck!! :lol:
Hmmm... how many guitar models are there vs. bass models?
"Knowledge is Power"
lumgimfong
Intermediate Member

Post by lumgimfong »

Too bad the pguard covers half that beautiful wood and burst that buyers are paying so much for. Shoulda done a run of 4004!! :)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Are those PS'd photos? The "flame" looks kind of strange. And, what's up with the darker shaded center section (quite a bit wider than the neck section) that has the "flame" continuing across it from the "flame" on the body wings?
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

.......Good point Jeff. I didn't notice that, especially the center section of the rear. Once you see it, you cant not see it. The grain doesn't even match.

You are the photo expert. :D
"Knowledge is Power"
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

Wildwood mentions this in their narrative with a special Note. Hit the “read more” link to open up their complete description, and you’ll see their disclaimer in Bold text at the end of the first of the two sections.
Guzzitd63

Post by Guzzitd63 »

teptwizz02 wrote:Lol. Well shooooot. I love my 2018 4003 Montezuma AmberGlo from Wildwood, but these with flame maple, single truss rod and new bridge.... daaaaamn fine piece of work. These are about $6k more, though... be lying if I said I wouldn't have laid down the dough for one of these if I didn't already have the other. Truly extraordinary.
Lets work a deal, Phillip? :-)
(I regret missing out on the first batch.)
PM me if you'd like.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

maxwell wrote:Wildwood mentions this in their narrative with a special Note. Hit the “read more” link to open up their complete description, and you’ll see their disclaimer in Bold text at the end of the first of the two sections.
What's the disclaimer they say?
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

They say:

NOTE: The bass in the pictures on the right is a mock-up based on previous special runs we've done and not an actual bass, because the actual basses haven't been built yet. So, while the bass in the photos is an excellent approximation of how these instruments will look, the actual final product may differ slightly.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
ilan
RRF Consultant

Post by ilan »

It's breath taking. IMHO it will look killer with a black guard (apologies for the quick and sloppy photoshopped pic)
ambermonty.jpg
"A Noble Instrument Must Be Nobly Regarded"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ilan wrote:It's breath taking. IMHO it will look killer with a black guard (apologies for the quick and sloppy photoshopped pic)
ambermonty.jpg
Ilan, agreed! This bass is exquisite! Thanks for posting the image.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”