Rounds or Flats on your Ric bass?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ram

Re: Rounds or Flats on your Ric bass?

Post by ram »

personally I think any color silk looks good on a Ric!!!
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
clasbas

Post by clasbas »

TI flats on the -67...

...and Optimas on the J (puts on flamesuit) :)
-------------
Bands: 2
Bass: -64 and -67
Amp: Sunn 300T and Model T prototype
-------------
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jps wrote:Red silk looks good against Snowglo, too. :D
The attachment B&W-Headstocks-1200_0675.jpg is no longer available
Sounds great, also!

Green works, too. :D (TI Jazz Rounds)
The attachment Jeff_1200_6193.jpg is no longer available
Sorry about the model. :mrgreen: Nice shirt, though.
And even silks that aren't red at the bridge.
Attachments
4003silverveil.jpg
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

admin wrote:And even silks that aren't red at the bridge.
Do they give you a nice haze?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jps wrote:
admin wrote:And even silks that aren't red at the bridge.
Do they give you a nice haze?
"Purple haze, all in my brain"
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
morrow

Post by morrow »

I love the feel of TI Jazz flats on a Ric . In fact I've been tempted to pick up another set just in case I buy another ...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

morrow wrote:I love the feel of TI Jazz flats on a Ric . In fact I've been tempted to pick up another set just in case I buy another ...
Morrow, there is no harm in having a back up replacement set for that salt air on the east coast. :lol:

iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

Rounds or Flats on your Ric bass? - yes. In the meantime until GHS gets Progressives 2.0 up and running, I have taken the opportunity to try different strings. The GHS Balanced Pure Nickel gave the roundest tone with even intonation and the proper modicum of overtones, not too bright nor too dark; others, both flats and rounds, less so. The experiment did confirm my original choice: I have used GHS Progressives on my 4002 since I got it in the early 90's, and at the same time when Progressives were the "new" string from GHS - first string to use "Alloy 52" wrap wire. Looking forward to going back to them, as they have great consistency, great longetivity, great balance from string-to-string, can go mellow or growly, and not expensive.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

iiipopes wrote:Rounds or Flats on your Ric bass? - yes. In the meantime until GHS gets Progressives 2.0 up and running, I have taken the opportunity to try different strings. The GHS Balanced Pure Nickel gave the roundest tone with even intonation and the proper modicum of overtones, not too bright nor too dark; others, both flats and rounds, less so. The experiment did confirm my original choice: I have used GHS Progressives on my 4002 since I got it in the early 90's, and at the same time when Progressives were the "new" string from GHS - first string to use "Alloy 52" wrap wire. Looking forward to going back to them, as they have great consistency, great longetivity, great balance from string-to-string, can go mellow or growly, and not expensive.
Scott given your informed comments made on the RRF, I am not surprised that in the string department you use Progressives! :lol:

iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

admin wrote:
iiipopes wrote:Rounds or Flats on your Ric bass? - yes. In the meantime until GHS gets Progressives 2.0 up and running, I have taken the opportunity to try different strings. The GHS Balanced Pure Nickel gave the roundest tone with even intonation and the proper modicum of overtones, not too bright nor too dark; others, both flats and rounds, less so. The experiment did confirm my original choice: I have used GHS Progressives on my 4002 since I got it in the early 90's, and at the same time when Progressives were the "new" string from GHS - first string to use "Alloy 52" wrap wire. Looking forward to going back to them, as they have great consistency, great longetivity, great balance from string-to-string, can go mellow or growly, and not expensive.
Scott given your informed comments made on the RRF, I am not surprised that in the string department you use Progressives! :lol:
Touché!

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”