Rick-A-Rooni

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ch willie

Rick-A-Rooni

Post by ch willie »

I've never had more than one bass amp until a few years ago. I've had my Ric 4001 since I bought it new in 1978. Forty-two years, and I've never tried the Rick-O-Sound.

I found the proper cable, and I tried it yesterday for the first time. I have two Fender Rumbles (40wt, 350wt).

The sound was amazing. The two Rumbles sound alike when they're at equal volume. Routing each pup to a separate amp makes some badass sounds.

Today I'm going to try it with my Ampeg V4B and the Rumble 350--using different sounding amps is going to be fun.
All the world's a stage, albeit with mountains, plains, oceans, rivers, buildings, towers, animals, humans, plants, and Armour's Spam.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Rick-A-Rooni

Post by jdogric12 »

Congrats! It's cool, isn't it? Makes me want to plug mine in and use it. It's really fun to run different effects through each, and toggle with the switch on the bass. Never stomp again! :lol:
ram

Post by ram »

I used to use it all the time (even modded my 4003s5 to Ric-O-Sound)... but lugging all that equipment got to be burdensome. now have a couple of little D class amps and am going to play with it again when I get some time. Congrats on your revelation! May the splitting of pickup last forever!
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I used to use it all the time, too. I went straight into the board, with the pickups panned hard left and right. Sounded great, but I don't know if anyone other than me ever noticed.
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

I think you will like the Ampeg for the treble pickup.

So much more tonal control with Rick-o-Sound, I can't believe you waited this long.
Better late than never!

Have fun!
Dirk
ram

Post by ram »

Isaac, I think folks notice. Damn near every time i used it, members of the audience (regular folks and players) would compliment me on the sound. One time, on the second gig with the band, I was up on stage noodling around a little waiting for the other members to get up on stage. When they arrived they were say things like, 'my God that sounds fantastic'.... I guess they didn't get the full effect if tiny practice room...????
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
ch willie

Post by ch willie »

Thanks guys.

Part of my wait was due to the mistaken belief that I needed a real Rick O Sound kit or one made by someone. I just didn't know a splitter cable would work.

Yeah, I'm going to try all configurations with the Rumble and Ampeg. The Ric really shines through the Ampeg V4B.

I'm dying to gig with it again. In the meantime, I've gotten a Ric 330 that I'm dying to take for a jam.

I'm in full Rickenbacker fever mode.
All the world's a stage, albeit with mountains, plains, oceans, rivers, buildings, towers, animals, humans, plants, and Armour's Spam.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”