Fretless--Wish They Made a Lefty

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ch willie

Fretless--Wish They Made a Lefty

Post by ch willie »

Lately, I've been wanting a fretless bass. I'm a lefty, and the choices are something cheap, not my taste, or way too expensive for me. If I could afford Rickenbacker custom shop prices and had some inroad, i'd get a fretless Ric. I was curious and looked around on YouTube. i'm sure a lot of you have seen this, but I'm blown away by it. Great playing, great tone. Add that to my list of basses that I'll never have but will always want.

https://youtu.be/x1icOT0-KR8[/youtube]
All the world's a stage, albeit with mountains, plains, oceans, rivers, buildings, towers, animals, humans, plants, and Armour's Spam.
espidog

Re: Fretless--Wish They Made a Lefty

Post by espidog »

Forgive me if this is a daft suggestion - I know lefty Ricks are pricy - but would it be prohibitively costly to hunt down a fretted lefty Rick and have it de-fretted?
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100
ch willie

Post by ch willie »

That's not a stupid idea at all. I hadn't thought of it. I think I'll look into it.
All the world's a stage, albeit with mountains, plains, oceans, rivers, buildings, towers, animals, humans, plants, and Armour's Spam.
farace

Post by farace »

Or, if you don’t mind the upside-downness, get a righty fretless and switch the saddles and nut.
--Bob

2015 4003 FG
1992 4003FL FG
1983 4003 WAL

Gone (stolen) but not forgotten, 1978 4001 WHT
ch willie

Post by ch willie »

I almost bought a 4003s that was on Reverb. I was one click away, and then i thought about the Jazz Bass I own. Of the five basses I play, it's 4 on the go to list. I don't think I'll play fretless a lot. I've quit playing live, and I'll be using it for recordings. But I still want a fretted Jazz Bass and have ordered a G&L 5 string. I've been wanting a five string, so two birds with one boulder.

That 4003s was nice though. Good price too. Lefty, and yes, I'm a southpaw. You see those so rarely. I'm holding my breath and might die but I'm waiting for another run of the the 63 o 64 (right years?) reissue 4001s.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”