Rickenbacker 4001C64S To Trade or Not to Trade?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

bugman

Rickenbacker 4001C64S To Trade or Not to Trade?

Post by bugman »

Have the oppurtunity to straight trade my C64S for a Hofner Relic Cavern bass. Doubt i will do it but Hofners are my weakness. Also could get a Hofner V63 Relic but would have to add $300.00 to the deal . Talk some sense into me
rickinroma
RRF Consultant

Re: Rickenbacker 4001C64S To Trade or Not to Trade?

Post by rickinroma »

No
espidog

Post by espidog »

What he said.
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100
collin

Post by collin »

You’re asking this at the Rickenbacker forum, what do you think the answer would be?
ram

Post by ram »

Keep it and buy the Hofner outright. Problem solved, next!
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
bugman

Post by bugman »

Moment of weakness. Common sense restored
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

Glad you came to your senses.

I've played a few 60's Hofner's over the years and never understood the draw.

Also a relic?
I sure don't understand that trend by any maker, it's so easy to get actual honest real life wear and tear on a used bass or do it yourself over time.

Now you kids get off my lawn! LOL

Dirk
bugman

Post by bugman »

I don't know why i like the relics (as far as Hofners) so much as I do as I usually pretty much try to keep my basses in good shape. I think its just the McCartney thing ,with them looking like his does now,or close to it.

Hence the C64S ,although that is not dead on either. I usually need to sell something when GAS strikes as the guitar funds are few and far between.

I'm in a holding pattern for now because I remember how much I regretted selling my first C64S and how long it took to get this one

. I have that and a Kay Jazz Special reissue and a Yamaha BB1200. Haven't had a Hofner since I sold the lefty Hofner Revolution bass to Neil in the stage show Let It Be.. Just suffering from Hofner withdrawl
radapaw

Post by radapaw »

I nearly flinched on a Club trade recently.... in the end decided I just love my RIC's too much right now, and I figure if I really need a cheap hofner 'fix', I'll pick up a contemporary or ignition and see what the fuss was about first.... cheaper than an ebay horseshoe pickup on a good day.
teeder

Post by teeder »

I was at Sam Ash in NYC a couple years ago and they had what I remember being a Hofner V63 relic. It looked great! I know, if I could have been waited on, I would have bought it, but I couldn't get anyone to even glance at me.
Clifton

Post by Clifton »

bugman wrote:I don't know why i like the relics (as far as Hofners) so much as I do as I usually pretty much try to keep my basses in good shape. I think its just the McCartney thing ,with them looking like his does now,or close to it.

Hence the C64S ,although that is not dead on either. I usually need to sell something when GAS strikes as the guitar funds are few and far between.

I'm in a holding pattern for now because I remember how much I regretted selling my first C64S and how long it took to get this one

. I have that and a Kay Jazz Special reissue and a Yamaha BB1200. Haven't had a Hofner since I sold the lefty Hofner Revolution bass to Neil in the stage show Let It Be.. Just suffering from Hofner withdrawl
Sounds like you have a great McCartney bass collection! I'd love to have one of those Yamahas! Well, for whatever my two cents is worth, I would suggest keeping the C64S. I have a C64 in Fire-Glo, and it's an amazing sounding bass. It really loves round wound strings. I think it would be easier, and cheaper, to save up for the Höfner rather than selling the Rick and then trying to find another clean example later. Good luck! I'm not much of a relic type, but those Höfner relics look really good!

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”