Benoit David out.

The genius of Chris Squire
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Re: Benoit David out.

Post by just_bassics »

Me too. Should be interesting. He'll now have to cover three previous Yes singers, assuming they are still doing Drama tracks as well as the new CD FFH. :shock:
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

What BIG shoes to have to step into! (Or slippers! Remember the satin slippers the band wore on the Tormato tour?)
Can you imagine the stress of stepping into that limelight?

And another question is whether he'll play guitar (or even bass) on some pieces...he is a rather good musician after all.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Billsbro wrote:What BIG shoes to have to step into! (Or slippers! Remember the satin slippers the band wore on the Tormato tour?)
Can you imagine the stress of stepping into that limelight?

And another question is whether he'll play guitar (or even bass) on some pieces...he is a rather good musician after all.
Guitar maybe because that's been done before.........can you imagine Chris letting him play bass? Hmmm I bet not. :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

The Fish with 3 ricks - I'm telling you, that would be awesome! Steve has his '74... Of course this is just very wishful thinking - with Geoff playing the harmonic pattern on keys, like RW used to do, and those three on bass, with Chris as lead bassist (of course) they could bring the house down. Literally! :lol:
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

THAT would be something!
(Sort of a backwards version of how Blue Oyster Cult used to have a point in their set when all the guys played guitar (including the drummer)).
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Or.... Spinal Tap! 8)
teeder

Post by teeder »

just_bassics wrote:Or.... Spinal Tap! 8)
:lol: That's what I was thinking!
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

...that is why Spinal Tap is so much fun...it is so fun to figure out who they are poking fun at...in all ways...musically, stage sets, personalities, groupies, girlfriends, etc. They clearly used real, over-the-top situations and slightly changed them. It is so funny because these things really happened!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

I never thought of that Jim. That would be awesome. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Spinal Tap is great! Rob Reiner makes a film about R&R clichés and winds up creating almost every cliché used in the biz!

I did a show with ST at MTV Spring Break at Daytona Beach, 1992 - They were a blast! Christopher Guest never broke from character, even behind the scenes. We were all in awe.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Some early reviews from the New Zealand shows are sounding fairly positive. Jon Davison seems to have made a favorable impression down under...
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

You be the judge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmoGAx_guJg

Not bad for an audience recording and the crunch of the RM comes through nicely at times.

I want to hear more.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Nice! 8) LOTS of low end out of that video. Bass pedals?
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

I was most surprised to learn that the new guy is (to me anyway) a hometown boy:

Laguna’s Jon Davison new lead singer for YES

(At the bottom of the page)

I also just noted a mention on the page of Jason Feddy's Shakesperean venture; some of you will remember him as also being Hautewerk's new front man. This is really a cool project he's been working on.

Shakespeare's Fool
Last edited by johnhall on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

This would make him the 2nd Californian to make the linuep - Wasn't Billy Sherwood also from L.A.?

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”