Listen to entire Squackett album free (this week only)

The genius of Chris Squire
woodyng

Re: Listen to entire Squackett album free (this week only)

Post by woodyng »

One for the house,another for the yacht? :o
Heh heh,guess i should have made that inference. Yeah i am wearing out the free listening aol,thing,to the point that i have been emailing a lot of friends to.check it out. I did the same thing when aol previewed "Fly from here" .
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

My copy showed today at work...I am anxious for the day to end so I can shove it in the truck's player!
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

I have THREE copies of this album now---(It's a funny story).

I must say that I am VERY impressed. It was certainly worth the wait.

The chorus in "Tall Ships" is BREATHTAKING!!!!!! It reminds me of why I LOVE music SO much!!!! The power it has, the emotions it stirs....how inspiring it can be.......WOW!!!!!!!!

These two guys sound GREAT together!!!!!

Lefty4003s8

Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

...i am only 4 songs in so far but it is tasty. And yes, "Tall Ships" is very nice and has lovely vocals/harmonies.
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Part 2: I am quite impressed. I would say it is some fine "progressive pop." In particular, the last 4 tracks grabbed me this morning: The Summer Backward is lush and features beautiful Squire/Hackett vocal harmonies and gorgeous acoustic guitar. Stormchaser has a fun driving rhythm and again, great vocals (with driving Squire bass). Can't stop the rain is very Squire...very similar to "Man" from Fly From Here. It flows right into Perfect Love Song which has more Squire lushness. The last 4 tracks showcase the fascinating blend of Squire and Hackett. At times, it sounds just like a Steve solo, at times, it sounds like Squire and/or Conspiracy...but at times it is a wonderful balance of the two; it is pure...SQUACKETT!

The only problem is I wish that most of the songs were longer and that there were more tunes! A nice, long instrumental would have been a bonus but I cannot complain. A must have CD in my opinion (or get THREE like JPS)!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Billsbro wrote:A must have CD in my opinion (or get THREE like JPS)!
I only got two! :( :lol:

The third CD I got was Larry Carlton & Tak Matsumoto - Take Your Pick (Live 2010), great guitar playing on it, too. 8)
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Oops! Sorry!
I have (or have had) dupes of several discs. Generally this occurs because I forgot I already had a title but sometimes because of gifts from friends. Perhaps the best way out of that is to give it to a friend. But sometimes it is nice to keep one in a vehicle or other location while the main copy lives with one's main collection.

Anyhoo...to stay on topic...
Chris' bass tones are mostly different than his usual Rickenbacker timbres but they are very nice.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Billsbro wrote:Chris' bass tones are mostly different than his usual Rickenbacker timbres but they are very nice.
That's what I think, too. Nice to hear something different, tonally, from Chris. 8)
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

He used the RM for everything but the first 2 tracks. (the older Mouradian,and a yamaha prototype he's testing,respectively)
I think the main difference in his bass and vocal sounds is down to the production. I do also think Chris continues to surprise with great subtle fills,something he seemed to be doing a lot of with the newer Syn recordings.
miguelbass

Post by miguelbass »

Here's an interview with Chris about Squackett

Miguel
ram

Post by ram »

Cool Miguel! Thanks for posting... interesting insights into the whole Squackett thing.
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”