The genius of Chris Squire
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: RIP Peter Banks

Post by kiramdear »

This is a sad state of affairs (from the same source via facebook):
Notes From the Edge
5 hours ago
Nic Caciappo asked that we post the following regarding the state of Peter's remains, and how you can help. If you have any questions Nic advised to send him or George Mizer a message via Facebook. More updates as this develops. Thanks.

Friends of Yes & in particular Peter Banks. It has been since last Thursday Mar 7 that Peter passed away. He found at his home on Fri Mar 8. His body is still in the morgue and not being claimed because he has no family, and only an ex-wife who doesn't wish to assist. He may be cremated by the morgue and his belongings taken into custody by authorities. His ex needs to at least to tell the morgue that his friend(s) can take over. Then, they will want fees for cremation and delivery of his remains. Peter's belongings are still safe. But, there will be a need to sort this out with helping hands.

There is now a PayPal account set up to donate, which is connected to Pete's friend of 40+ years, George Mizer. I stand by George, he is a good friend.

The PayPal account is: themiz@peterbanks.net and ready to accept any donation amount. The expenses that will need to be covered are cremation, urn, possible travel from USA to London, other fees and expenses regarding Peter's belongings which could be auctioned to help pay for this as well. Again, the account is themiz@peterbanks.net.

Thanks.
All I wanna do is rock!
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

Sad and touching how could you not donate?
I wonder if the Yes camp will help out a bit...

Eden.
I confused Faraday's cage, with Schrodinger's cat box....
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

Nothing more to add...
Attachments
Peter with one of the coolest Rickenbackers ever...
Peter with one of the coolest Rickenbackers ever...
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Nice pic, Eden, I think that was his FB profile?

Peter did a nice long interview which I watched recently, think it was call the Peter Banks Story (it's on Youtube) and I was struck by his candid nature. He talks openly about his career and, while not happy with how some things went, including his being fired from Yes, never seems bitter or too critical in nature about any of it, just matter of fact. That was my impression, anyway. He also appeared in the Yes: Classic Artists DVD and is the same way.

It would have been nice, if somehow, Peter had found a way back into the "club" or somehow had gotten around to forming his own band and revisiting some of those old tunes from early Yes, Syn and others. But, "Tomorrow is promised to no one". (Not sure who to credit with that quote, I heard it in a Clint Eastwood movie). I do hope the situation with his estate is resolved soon, he deserves the respect.
pag
Intermediate Member

Post by pag »

A Peter Banks Ltd Edition Rickenbacker might be a fitting tribute.

He was very open and candid in those interviews you mention above.
I always think life is too short for useless squabbling and its a real shame that
Yes never invited Peter to guest at any of their later gigs here in England where
it all started for them.
Its too late for regrets now.
If Peter was a member of the Musicians Union then perhaps they could lend some assistance.
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

If Pete's stuff is going to be sold off, (this is a long shot) a fitting tribute would be to pool together and purchase his Rm and then donate it to a Hard rock cafe or somewhere it can be seen to remind folks that Peter was an important part of the formation and sound of YES..

Eden.
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

I inquired with George Mizer who has Peter's "Yes" guitar (Pete gave it to him after the above photo was taken) George is hanging onto the guitar and treasuring it. 8)
Its just good to know it is not going to get lost to history in the maelstrom...

If you feel lead to donate to George's cause at the moment. I think it is a really worthy one!

Eden.

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”