LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

Chris Squire Rig Rundown at Premier Guitar

Post by LenMinNJ »

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Chris Squire Rig Rundown at Premier Guitar

Post by jps »

Awesome!!! Especially Steve's section. 8)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Most enjoyable!
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Thanks for posting that, Len.
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

Thanks That was great!
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Very cool,enjoyed that. Some interesting comments from both Chris and Steve. Steve's passion for the Line6 gear almost makes me want to take a 2nd look at their bass guitar. It would be very weird to see him playing just one guitar for an entire Yes show,wouldn't it? :shock:
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Well, weird and, for me, disappointing. I'm not a real fan of the Line 6 stuff, it's not close enough in tone quality for my ears. While I understand the convenience factor, I'd much rather hear the old coral sitar and a true acoustic 12 string over the Line 6 stuff. But I also figure that Steve's been around so long, if it helps him out and he's getting a nice endorsement, more power to him. Most concert goers probably don't even notice or care.

Now, if I were still in my Navy days, where one guitar was all that was possible while living aboard ship, the one I'd have in that circumstance would probably be a nice variaxe, with all the tone possibilities and modeling, etc... Very cool for that scenario.
miguelbass

Post by miguelbass »

woodyng wrote:Very cool,enjoyed that. Some interesting comments from both Chris and Steve. Steve's passion for the Line6 gear almost makes me want to take a 2nd look at their bass guitar. It would be very weird to see him playing just one guitar for an entire Yes show,wouldn't it? :shock:
As a bass player, I would gladly accept toying with the line six guitar for my experiments at home... just like I use electronic drums with midi. For bass... not so much... maybe it's interesting to play but it wouldn't be on my priority list and the first reason not to be interested is because it's not a beautiful instrument. It looks uninteresting and generic...

Miguel

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”