It's time to move on...

The genius of Chris Squire
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

It's time to move on...

Post by just_bassics »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I just submitted my resignation as moderator of the RRF Band Forums. It was a decision long in the making and wasn’t easy. Shifting priorities require me to devote my time elsewhere and when I do have the time for guitars, I need to be playing them as opposed to reading about them online.

I also feel that I have contributed about all I have to offer here and think that there are other on this forum that can lead discussions better than I.

I’ve enjoyed every minute of being a member of this forum, even the (very few) rough moments were like a walk in the park. I’ll remain a member and still drop in from time to time. Hopefully Chris will continue to compose, play and frustrate us with his technical prowess and superb musicianship for many years to come.

To all of you that have supported me, especially Tony, Kevin, Jeff, John, Peter, Brian, Brian & Miguel, Thanks! My apologies if I’ve skipped anyone. Edit: Also Steven, thanks for your kind PM's over the years.
admin
Site Admin

Re: It's time to move on...

Post by admin »

I am very sorry to see you go but i understand completely, Jim. Time marches on. Thanks for all your efforts in making the RRF Band Forums work. You will be missed. Play on! :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Yes, I also understand how you would need a break to make more time for playing and life in general. I certainly appreciate all the time you have put in here. Your perspective on all things Chris Squire-related has been enjoyable and enlightening.

Time waits for none of us...we have to grab it while we can. Please do check in as often as you can.

Thanks for your time and effort, Jim!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Thanks, Jim, for all the time and effort you have put in here. Don't be a stranger! 8)

I guess Chris has to take the reins now, eh? :wink:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Thanks for all your efforts, Jim, and with the letting go of moderator responsibilities and the time involved with that, I hope you can check in here a little more often just to chat a bit. :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Jim,

I am truly sorry to find that you have given up your post as a moderator, I certainly know all too well that it was not an easy decision on your part to take such a step. I do look forward to staying in touch with you and I trust that you will enjoy your time playing your beautiful instruments.

Rock on.

Brian
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
miguelbass

Post by miguelbass »

Hello Jim!

The RRF has been such a good place to discuss about Chris' music, Yes, Rickenbacker and all other subjects we shared here. If we kept coming here all these years it's certainly because we feel good, useful, interested. I am sure that your role as moderator was the main factor for this success.

So, thank you for all of your work to provide that for us members, who were always happy to be around, enjoying the forum (and without the worries of a moderator!). I am hopeful that, in spite of your departure as moderator, this will continue to be the best place to come. Yet more important, to wish you the best for your activities beyond the RRF!

Obrigado por tudo!

Miguel
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Thanks for all you've done, Jim. Sorry to see you go, but glad to hear you'll still be checking in from time to time...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
ram

Post by ram »

Bummer Jim, although I do understand completely. Your stewardship here was fantastic! As others have said please don't be a stranger. I do so enjoy your contributions here. Take Care and Thanks Again for all that you did here!!
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

ram wrote:Bummer Jim, although I do understand completely. Your stewardship here was fantastic! As others have said please don't be a stranger. I do so enjoy your contributions here. Take Care and Thanks Again for all that you did here!!
+1, don't forget us!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

As usual, I'm late....

Thanks to you Jim for all the time & effort your have devoted to the RRF.

I truly am sorry to see you step down. A more knowledgeable YESHEAD I've never known.

I too understand that sometimes other obligations can take priority, some within our control, some not.
mikeyesfan

Post by mikeyesfan »

Good Luck Jim. Glad we got to meet at a YESSHOW, thanks to RRF! Party on.
teeder

Post by teeder »

Sorry, I'm also late in here. Thanks for helping make this a great place, Jim!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”