Chris is under treatment

The genius of Chris Squire
4001G63

Re: Chris is under treatment

Post by 4001G63 »

Let's all believe in "Miracles and in Love" and pray for Chris. He has been such a part of the sound track of my life and countless others I'm sure Rarely a day goes by that I don't have a Chris Squire bass line running through my head! God bless you Chris. I know he has and will no matter what.
RickyBubba
Intermediate Member

Post by RickyBubba »

Keeping him and his family uplifted in my thoughts and prayers!
Boogie

Post by Boogie »

Chris Squire is my favourite bassist. Hope he gets well soon.
ram

Post by ram »

An update from Jon 'Juano' Davison's FB page:
"Hi everyone,
As most of you already know, Chris Squire, our dear friend and amazing bandmate is battling Leukemia. Please try and remember his struggle daily and hold his image in the healing light of your deepest prayers and brightest thoughts.
We've been hearing encouraging news that he's responding really well to the treatment and we can all continue to make a big difference in his state of being by persistently wishing him much serenity, love, great courage, and the strength to endure all that is temporarily blocking his path to perfect health!
SO, HIGH VIBRATION GO ON AND ONWARD THROUGH THE NIGHT, OUR AWESOME FRIEND AND MIGHTY MASTER OF THE BASS GUITAR! WE LOVE YOU AND ARE BEHIND YOU MORE THAN EVER!!!"
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

That sucks! Chris was THE formative influence on my early bass playing, and now my late bass playing. Really hope he beats this. I'm not sure I want to see Yes without him, tough enough to see Jon Anderson gone. I'd never heard of Billy Shergold, not Chris by any means, but he can certainly hold down the bass parts based on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8xkonlAu8Y

He gets a relatively convincing Ric-ish tone out of the Kubicki, a very versatile bass in it's own right.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

So sorry, so sad. Remember strength flows from within.

Love, mark.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Gilmourisgod wrote:...Billy Shergold...
Sherwood, like the old stereo gear. :wink:

But, perhaps he plays a Shergold bass? :mrgreen:
RickyBubba
Intermediate Member

Post by RickyBubba »

Billy will do a good job, and has toured with them before. Given the circumstances, I would still go see them in concert!
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

RickyBubba wrote:Billy will do a good job, and has toured with them before. Given the circumstances, I would still go see them in concert!
Especially in this case...I am making a point of supporting the band by going, getting the newest CDs, etc.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

One of my best memories from a Yes concert was seeing Chris and Billy doubling the bass parts on the intro to "endless Dream".
Get well,Chris!
pacealot

Post by pacealot »

At the least, it's very encouraging to hear from Jon Davison that Chris is apparently responding well to treatment. All the white light I can muster up your way, big fellah!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”