Post by fran4001 »

"Awaken" at 6 bells. Emotional.... :cry:
Apr. '73 4001JG, Jun. '73 4001MG, Feb. '75 4001 WBT, Feb. '00 4001CS
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Re: Chris to be cremated today

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

Scotty,

If you read this, my name is Greg and Chris was my "Bass Hero". I have been listening to and loving YES, and Chris' solo material for YEARS!!!
It is a source of comfort during this sad time

I offer you and the Squire family my deepest condolences, and prayers.
Chris will live on through his music, and the MANY people he inspired.
Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

edski wrote: I did not have access to a playback device. So I sang "And You And I" as I walked my dogs...
I didn't read about it til afterwards,but at the time i was walking my weinerdog Jaeger,and listening to the first Conspiracy album......Serendipity!
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

I was stuck at work until 5. But since I am just down the road from Mesa, I did feel like I was there in spirit. And once I did get home I did hang out in the back with a glass of cognac (Chris enjoyed Cognac) and watched the birds, bugs, lizards, and bunnies. The message was clear: life goes on and the souls of our departed loves go on too. There was a lovely sunset and since his home in Mesa would have the same Sonoran desert vibe as mine I really did feel close. I was hoping Scotty was watching the same sunset and feeling all of the support and love that we all have clearly been sending.
RickyBubba
Intermediate Member

Post by RickyBubba »

"Life within a Day"
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

From a fantastic album! 8)
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

Funny story about that album--"Squakett"

I had ordered a copy through the British distributer--the name escapes me now. Anyway, I waited and waited, and waited further.
A couple of months went by and I gave up...thinking it would never arrive. So...I ordered a copy on Amazon.

About a week went by, then BOTH copies showed up on the SAME day!!!!!
I like it so much, I kept them both.
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

I think the entire CD is tasty and about half of the tracks are near-sublime. The effect is like an Indian curry...one keeps tasting this element and then that spice...in Squackett one constantly says "that is SO Squire" or "that really sounds like classic Hackett." Yet the blend of the two of them is even better than just a set of Hackett songs and Squire songs.
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

And their voices together??? Fuggettaboutit!!!!!! The chorus on "Tall Ships" is SUPERB!!!!!
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Yeppers. And "The Summer Backwards" and "Can't Stop the Rain" also have those luscious, blended voices. The latter is my favorite piece on the album.

We do have some lovely and powerful music thanks to Mr. Squire. I think one of the coolest things I have read in a few tributes is that while Chris seemed to often write songs that were destined for a future solo album, inevitably they ended up on Yes CD's or on the many CDs that he made with other artists. He was a generous musician.

(The other night when I toasted him and the gifts he gave us with my Cognac, I realized how perfect my choice was...the bottle was a gift from a friend.)
fran4001
Intermediate Member

Post by fran4001 »

I try hard to enjoy his favorite drink, cognac, but just can't develop the taste... :roll: The night Chris and I partied into the wee hours, we did manage to finish the bottle of Corvoisier, but man, I was dying... especially mixed with soda water like he did. Not real good.. lol
Apr. '73 4001JG, Jun. '73 4001MG, Feb. '75 4001 WBT, Feb. '00 4001CS
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

fran4001 wrote:I try hard to enjoy his favorite drink, cognac, but just can't develop the taste... :roll: The night Chris and I partied into the wee hours, we did manage to finish the bottle of Corvoisier, but man, I was dying... especially mixed with soda water like he did. Not real good.. lol
I appreciate a good Cognac but for the last few years I find much more interesting complexity of flavor in Scotch, Bourbon, and whiskies.

When it came to wine, was Chris a white wine or red wine fan? Any particular countries or regions that he favored?
12stringbassist
Intermediate Member

Post by 12stringbassist »

Just read this now - Roundabout at 23.50 UK time.
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

I enjoy a good cognac. But and old SCOTCH???? Like an old Rickenbacker bass.....you CAN'T beat it!!!!! :D :D
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Lefty4003S8 wrote:I enjoy a good cognac. But and old SCOTCH???? Like an old Rickenbacker bass.....you CAN'T beat it!!!!! :D :D
Boy howdy!

Here is a virtual big dram of Aberlour for you, Lefty! :)

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”