"The whole" of Perpetual Change Seyes

The genius of Chris Squire
pag
Intermediate Member

"The whole" of Perpetual Change Seyes

Post by pag »

From the Roger Dean Trading Boundaries Exhibition.
One pic of us with Roger in the main exhibition room and one of me with the CS next to The Fish by Roger Dean.
One of the guys just sent this through on Youtube.
Somehow the intro was missing from my earlier post.
Now we can hear the bass pedals on the intro too!
Roger Dean is on the far side of the stage on the intro shot.
There should be more footage eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bXIjCLWiiE#t=27
Attachments
s42 small file.jpg
0 small file.jpg
ram

Re: "The whole" of Perpetual Change Seyes

Post by ram »

Very cool Pete...love your all's rendition of the YeS libraries!!! Thanks for posting!!
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Indeed...very, VERY cool! Well done!

Thank you!
pag
Intermediate Member

Post by pag »

Thanks guys.
We are trying to keep Yes music as alive and as genuine as possible.
I got chatting to an old friend I hadnt seen for years just the other day who used to run a PA hire
business nearby and I mentioned that I was going out with a tribute to Yes (last time we met I was hiring PA for my 8pc Soul band)these days.
He asked did it pay much and the answer was a resounding No it doesnt pay at all!

Thats something the anti tribute band (and I cant stand that term with all its connotations) set cant get their heads around.
keeping music such as Yes where it belongs in front of an audience and as close to the original live sound from the era it was first toured
is important in my opinion and its not a money making proposition.

Most of the musicians we grew up hearing are retired or no longer around and some of the classic Rock bands have transformed into
different versions of themselves over the years so looking back and recreating the vintage sound of a band like Yes is a bit like the work that
other musicians undertake when they perform music such as Victorian,Medieval and early 20th Century songs.

Tales From Topographic Oceans is the project we are most eager to stage next which will take time to rehearse but hopefully we may have
something next year now we have a new drummer and guitarist both keen to come along with us on this.

Heres to 2016.
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Wow, Pete!

A True labor of love. I agree with your approach and have always wanted to do the same.

And Tales? Yowsers! That will be a challenge...wouldn't it be nice if you could get a Steven Wilson-remixed set before you start to figure out all of the lines? Please keep us informed how the project goes.

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”