Yes50th Fan Convention London Palladium

The genius of Chris Squire
pag
Intermediate Member

Yes50th Fan Convention London Palladium

Post by pag »

Here are a few photos that were sent to me by people who attended the Yes 50th fan Convention at London Palladium in March. SEYES opened the proceedings with "The Gates Of Delirium" followed by "Close To The Edge". We had the forestage curtain lowered for the performance after the soundcheck so that the Yes setup couldn't be seen. The whole stage was wide open prior to the public entering so we could setup and it was quite entertaining strolling around the Yes equipment. The band didn't bother to arrive in time to see us perform and time was very tight with all the stuff that was going on so by the time Yes turned up for the Q+A we were loading out. I met Billy and Jay Schellen backstage for a brief chat whilst getting my CS packed away. Billy had a look at my CS (his tech let me have a look at the Spectors..chunky necks by the way) and I can say he definitely wont be playing Rickenbacker basses with Yes. Pity really. Anyway even though Yes couldn't be bothered to see us play the main thing is the fans loved us and we had a standing ovation! We did the 400mile round trip for a forty minute slot all for charity. Rock and Roll.
Attachments
Palladium 7.JPG
Palladium 4.JPG
Palladium 5.jpg
Palladium 3.jpg
Palladium 6.JPG
Palladium 1.JPG
pag
Intermediate Member

Re: Yes50th Fan Convention London Palladium

Post by pag »

And by the way...The Palladium in house PA is huge and its a brand new digital installation. We were way louder than Yes apparently thanks to us using our own engineer. Really Rock n Roll.
s4001

Post by s4001 »

Great gig!
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

Sounds like a great performance. I wish I could have been there. Too bad the band didn't catch you.
It was their loss!
pag
Intermediate Member

Post by pag »

Thanks Stephen. Today we had a message from Brian Neeson (from the Scottish Yes fan club) who organised the convention. Next Wednesday he will be presenting a cheque of the funds raised at the Christie Hospital in Didsbury Manchester. This is in memory of the late Malcom Birkett (the biggest Yes fan on the planet) who was cared for by the staff at Christies during his illness. Being a Mancunian I will be attending the presentation to represent the musicians who performed at the Palladium and the Yesworld website will be reporting the event.
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

pag wrote:Thanks Stephen. Today we had a message from Brian Neeson (from the Scottish Yes fan club) who organised the convention. Next Wednesday he will be presenting a cheque of the funds raised at the Christie Hospital in Didsbury Manchester. This is in memory of the late Malcom Birkett (the biggest Yes fan on the planet) who was cared for by the staff at Christies during his illness. Being a Mancunian I will be attending the presentation to represent the musicians who performed at the Palladium and the Yesworld website will be reporting the event.
Very cool, Pete. What a great thing to be a part of. Raising funds for good charities with cool events like the convention is one of the best things a human can do.

I never met Malcolm of course, but he was/is legendary. He was one of the nicest guys over on the (highly contentious)YesFans Forum.
How sad it was when he passed away.

We are born. We die.
In the middle, our success is measured by how many lives we touch in a positive way. Our fun is measured by how many times we hear live versions of Yes songs by Yes and by SeYes. Yes?
pag
Intermediate Member

Post by pag »

Yes!
pag
Intermediate Member

Post by pag »

Brian Neeson and myself presented a cheque of the money raised at the Palladium to the Christie Hospital in Manchester last week.
Attachments
A8577385-B4B7-41AB-B450-50481BD86421.jpeg

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”