Band Geek - Close to the Edge cover

The genius of Chris Squire
bluewhale

Band Geek - Close to the Edge cover

Post by bluewhale »

Forumites,

The Band Geeks have posted a cover of "Close to the Edge" on YouTube. I think it is beyond outstanding. It was brought to my attention through some posts to TalkBass.com by TB member Ric5.

The leader of the Band Geeks is Richie Castellano, whose inappropriate shredding on a 325 was discussed here,

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=403525&hilit=castellano

back in 2011. For "Close to the Edge," Castellano uses a Line 6 Helix to help get his Squire sound, and he discusses details in another YouTube video. He plays a 4001 JG, I think a '75 model.

The video also features guest Chris Clark, from Brand X, on keyboards. The singer is Anne Marie Castellano, and she is a force of nature. For variety, listen to her sing Jefferson Starship's "Jane" and Disney's "Part of Your World."

bluewhale
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: Band Geek - Close to the Edge cover

Post by sloop_john_b »

bluewhale

Re: Band Geek - Close to the Edge cover

Post by bluewhale »

sloop_john_b,

I can't see the video you posted. When I click, a message says an error occurred, please try back again later, and an id number is shown. Could you please have a look? Don't know if it's just me.

Also, I misspelled the singer's name. It think it is Ann Marie Castellano, Ann without the "e."

bluewhale

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”