Buddy Holly

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As soon as I posted I knew I should have made that correction Roy. Just the lyrics is right and not my favourite song of the sixties by any stretch of the imagination. I guess I just posted it my way Roy.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
beefandbones
Intermediate Member

Post by beefandbones »

Speaking of great guitar solos on so-so songs (Beatles Forum/Cafe on the Left Bank), I've always been keen on the guitar solo in It's So Easy. Excellent phrasing!
rictified

Post by rictified »

"It's so Easy" is a so-so song??
beefandbones
Intermediate Member

Post by beefandbones »

'Well... alright', It's So Easy IS a good song, but it's always seemed a little slight to me for some reason. When compared other hits of Buddy's in my mind. "So-so" may have been a bit harsh, though.

I guess saying It's So Easy is so-so is similar to saying that Lady Madonna is so-so. Still way better than most!
rictified

Post by rictified »

One of my favorite Holly tunes is "Maybe Baby"
brammy

Post by brammy »

What is really sad is all the Holly songs that never were.

A comparrison might be if the Beatles plane to the USA in Feb 1964 had disappeared over the Atlantic.
“The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it.” ....H. L. Mencken
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Agreed Kent. Buddy's life was ended just as he was getting started.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
karl_teten
Intermediate Member

Post by karl_teten »

What is REALLY sad is there is no Buddy Holly complete box set.

What's holding Paul McCartney up? He owns the Holly catalog.
beefandbones
Intermediate Member

Post by beefandbones »

Yeah his songwriting kept getting better and better. Some of my absolute favorite songs of his are those demos he recorded right before left for the Winter Dance Party - Crying Waiting Hoping and What to Do in particular.

What IS holding up a Buddy Holly Box, anyway?

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”