Stage Names - Real Names

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

So, Bob, your English is great, but you stun small animals with your bass, so I guess that hasn't changed.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
rictified

Post by rictified »

Ahh, there's too many small animals in Ma. anyway. When I was a kid, I hooked up my old tube radio which I had taken out of it's case (of course, looked cooler that way especially at night) and hooked it up to a 12" TV speaker still in the TV. I used to lie down on the floor behind the console TV and listen to it that way because mostly the bass comes backwards from a speaker, sounded great. I'd lie there all morning listening to the top 30 cursing Dean Martin, Frank sinatra and barbara Streisand when they came on. I wanted to hear The Beatles, Nashville Teens, Searchers etc. Worcester was too small to have top 40.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Bass was a high priority for me also, Paul and Bob. When I was 15 I had a National transistor radio and a Sharp tape recorder. I'd take the headphone output from the radio, plug it into the tape recorder aux input, put the tape recorder on record then pause it and take the headphone output of the tape recorder to my 40 watt Goldentone guitar amplifier. It sounded great but the tape recorder only lasted a few months. How was I supposed to know that leaving it on pause for hours on end would ruin the mechanism??
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry to hear about your reel to reel Howard. I guess you should have kept your pause off it.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rictified

Post by rictified »

Should have "buried" that one Peter.

I had a nice old National tube short wave radio Howard, weighed about 60 lbs. minimum. I collect them.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

A most excellent pursuit, Bob. A friend of mine does also. I tried collecting beer cans but the temptation became too great (burp!!!).

Nowadays I have enough trouble collecting my thoughts!!

I do have a small, expanding collection of them thar Rickenbacker gee-tars, however. Image
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bob: Good idea Bob. I amended the post to "pause."

Howard: I broke my reel to reel the same way.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Aha!! It appears that doing so is not the exclusive domain of idiots like me!! Image
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, you'll have to wait in line after myself.

rictified

Post by rictified »

haha! I haven't read many of your fine puns lately Peter, two in one day is too much.
Howard You wouldn't believe the things I have broken, blown up etc. in my many years of collecting tube radios, amplifiers and stuff like that. I cry sometimes when I think of the antique radios that are no longer with us because of my "fixing" them when I was young.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Don't be too harsh on yourself, Peter!!

Yeah, Bob. Your post has got me thinking about the lovely bakelite Radiola that my parents had when I was a little tacker. It had an 8" speaker and sounded great - until I pulled it to bits!!

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”