Gerry and the Pacemakers

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Peter, I just now saw your post of Gerry and the 12 (must've missed it before--sorry)

As you can see, the TRC seems to be intact, and the end of the headstock looks so as well, I'll venture a guess that it may have been shortened a bit if at all.

Anyway, it's a great story and judging form it, Gerry must be quite a schmoozer!
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Wow, Mike, I'd love to see it full-sized!
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Paul: Not to take away from the focus on Gerry but the TRC is butchered and the keywinds look too close to the top of the headstock to me.

"It's Gonna Be Alright" was his philosophy for sure.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Paul - Can do. The photo or business card? I think Gerry is playing a futurama. Geez could that photo be 1962 or earlier? I've got a sheet of signatures of the Pacemakers also. I collect signed items of 60s British Invasion.
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
ratso

Post by ratso »

Mike, I love that early photo! I have a '58 Grazioso similar to what he is holding. If you don't mind could you send me a larger pic for my file? Thanks a million. Ron
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Ron - As always, will do!!
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Looks like a Futurama to me too, but my eyes are failing...just ask Peter! Anyway, can you detect any headstock damage on the Futurama?

Blowups of all and the sigs, too, if you pleeze, M!!
― Kurt Vonnegut
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Ron & Paul - emails sent.
ratso

Post by ratso »

Thanks Paul but it hasn't shown up yet! Obviously I'm eagarly awaiting your generosity. Thanks again
ratso

Post by ratso »

Wow! I just realized that I should have received it by now. Mike will you verify it was sent to my comcast.net address. Thanks
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Yeak, Ron. Sent it this afternoon.
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Ron & Paul - Sorry. The emails were not sent yesterday. They got caught up in my outbox. Re-sent them and you should have the pix by now.
ratso

Post by ratso »

Got it Mike! Thanks

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”