karl_teten
Intermediate Member

Post by karl_teten »

Hey Paul, I guess the 'Bay Area' hasn't brushed off on you all that much. lol
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Back to the thread.

Heres one for you. Am I losing you by Jim Reeves. Another Classic.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Karl, I live in the heart of hippie millionairedom; lots of flower children settled around me in Mill Valley and San Rafael, etc., bought cheap little shacks in the late '60s and early '70s and are now rich, rich, rich. But they still have hippie taste...you never saw so many couples with white hair down to their waists, dressed in worn-out jeans and tie-dye, granny dresses, and driving $45,000 Volvoswith deadhead stickers that never get washed, because Mother Earth needs the water more than their cars. And they all have 7-figure-and-up bank accounts.

But, no, it has not brushed off onto me. I'll resist till the bitter end...

Can you say "curmudgeon"?
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

curmudgeon must an American's favourite word it is he second reference to that word in postings of this nature I have seen in last 2 weeks.

I'm sure you are not really ill tempered Paul but then again you did refer to the bloody Searchers
TODAY'S THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

HAR!

I've been a curmudgeon since I first discovered the word, in 1960... Ask anyone who knows me, the bl**dy fools will tell you!
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”