Troggs

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Bob. It seems it takes two of us to decipher and fully explain Pauls posts and it was only a one liner!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Voce precísa dar um jeito nisso.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
wayang

Post by wayang »

Another bit of lexicon clarification...Paul, if I'm right, 'nappy' means something completely different in Britain...although having a 'good' one might be worth taking the evening off...

The Troggs doing 'Good Vibrations' reminds me of a similar 'treatment' of a cover: Foreskin 500's version of the Boston hit 'More Than A Feeling'...a dreadful tune made so much more dreadful it comes out cool (sort of)...
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
rictified

Post by rictified »

Peter, I still have no idea what he was talking about.

Foreskin 500! haha! Did you make that up Dane?
wayang

Post by wayang »

I'd love to say yes...but, no; they are a legendary band from Denver, sadly no longer together...I still see Dave Kerr, aka 'Fogboy', the keyboard player, around town. He and my wife used to work together at Wax Trax records. Mark the Three-Kord Scissor King (guitar) has moved to L.A. where he's doing well engineering and producing. The lead singer, Diggy Diamond, has moved to New York...I can only assume he's up to hilarious no good...

If I can find that tune or a link to it, I'll be sure to post it...(and now, back to the 50's and 60's...sorry, Roy)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I would think that music would pay better than well engineering in LA, where everybody has city water...
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
wayang

Post by wayang »

Aiyee! I can't get nothin' past the review board!

Have you ever tried L.A. city water? Like the girls in the valley say: "EEEUUUWWW!"
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Oh, well...
― Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”